Register now to get rid of these ads!

Little Red Wagon up for grabs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by <FANG>, Feb 27, 2009.

1. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

If I recall the original had a 426 hemi, this has an early hemi. The dash has modern instruments and a tilt steering column. The original Little Red Wagon had a straight factory steering column and "old-style" instruments. It appears that the vehicle is somewhat of a clone of the original.

2. krooser

krooser

Maverick used to visit friends who lived near one of the dirt tracks I promoted during the 80's. One year he brought the Wagon over to display and he fired it up and ran down the front straight with the wheels up... on dirt.

Pretty neat... great guy. He even gave me a LRW belt buckle!

3. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Real or not (which it is not) I'd still love to own it. I'd probably change the wheels and tires, gauges, shifter and steering column, lose the wheelie bars and all that jazz to make it closer to the original. Then I'd grin like a drunken monkey every time I drove it, which would be often. The guy doesn't seem to be trying to scam anyone. He makes full claim of how little he knows about the truck and invites anyone to come out with their own inspector. Either way, it's still cool as hell.

4. stratocaster

stratocaster

I thougt the driver sat in the center and didn't have glass. ???

5. NHRA now rules that ya gotta be in the middle........in the day now one cared where ya sat,and glass would blown up the first time ya came down to hard

6. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

I was sent pictures about 3 to 5 years ago of a shop out west bulding a copy of the LRW and this is it. Its just a so so low buck cheezy copy and I am sure the seller knows the facts!

7. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

You kids were strong back then!
    I shoulda ate more damn spinach when I was a kid. Damnit!:D

8. George T G

George T G

[NO V drive and NO plexagalss floor.
    GEORGE!!
    QUOTE=345 DeSoto;3655622]He states that he was told it has a Chrysler transmission. The REAL wagon had a Marine type "V" drive, and plexiglas on the floor of the cab...so the driver could see where he was going...[/QUOTE]

9. George T G

George T G

No the real one IS up for grabs in Sept. at an auction in Ca. The guy building the mesuem had some $$ and did and is still selling some neat REAL stuff. No word yet on what he is doing with the one in Garlets museum,. He ownes that one too.
    GEORGE!!

10. doesn't Garlits have one in his Museum?..
    also saw a burned out shell on display many years ago in Virginia..it was one of the several that Bill wrecked over the years.

1939fiat

11. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You guys that post without reading the previous posts are a trip.

12. George T G

George T G

Not burned just sun baked or bleached. It was at a Nosgala show. Maverack and I had it down there a few years back. I remember it being hot as Hell 100 or so.
    That was his last crash.
    The one in Garlets had belonged to Maverick and was only on LOAN to Don. It was sold to the guy who bought the running one. No work as what is going to happen to it.
    GEORGE!!

13. monsterflake

monsterflake

i might be a little slow on the uptake here, but what are you saying? the one in ocala has an ownership issue? who was it on loan from, maverick or a 'new' owner?

14. George T G

George T G

Maverick guilt it and loaned it to the museum. Don wanted it but never wanted to BUY it. $35,000 in chrome alone. Maverick sold it about 3 years ago to the guy who bought the "REAL ONE" Garlets had a small fit but it is still there on loan. No work if it is up for sale.
    GEORGE!!

15. monsterflake

monsterflake

okay, now i understand...

16. George T G

George T G

Anyone attend or see the RM auction on Sat. The Little Red Wagon brought $550,000. Highest $$ of anything. I believer the Doora another A-100 was next.
    GEORGE!!

17. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

I know in 2001-2-? Bill had started building another Wagon in his garage, It was in black primer and no drivetrain yet. Anyone know if thats still in Bills hands?

18. George T G

George T G

I think when I saw it it was at some guys house having the cage built. I think he sold/gave it to him. I know it never made it to the drive line stage.
    GEORGE!!:)

19. Hotrod Lincoln

Hotrod Lincoln

That worthless donkeyhole sued one of my neighbors into bankruptcy for naming his Unlimited Class Dodge pull truck "Little Red Wagon". Tom Douthit lost a dairy farm that had been in his family for three generations trying to fight the lawsuits. I hope he gets some painful and terminal disease and dies slowly, in abject misery!
    Jerry

20. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

yup..................

21. George T G

George T G

:DI believe I heard a bit of a different story. He does have the name traidmarked and asked the guy guy to change the name after getting lots of comments from fans about the name and the drivers attitude. It didn't have to go to court it was your nieghbors wish. I believe there wqas several noteable people ther to testefy that there was only ONE LRW and it was owned by Maverick. There was other trucks with the name on it but not race trucks useing it for a draw.
    I am sure you wouldn't start makeing cars and calling them Corvetts and not expect a problem when GM told you to stop.
    Maybe try telling the whole story. :mad: Anytime you go to non criminal court being sued you can stop it by doing what the other party wants. You pay GOOD money to the courts and lawyers to regester the name then build it into a good reputation NOT TO BE USED FOR SOMEONE ELSES BENIFET.
    GEORGE!!