Register now to get rid of these ads!

little race at the local airfield with pic's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatordead, Sep 25, 2003.

1. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

WOW... Great pictures and the rods are just kick-ass. looks like it was a blast!!!!

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

bttt ....just because you guys hafta work so hard to find the American tin. I can't imagine.......

3. Oh, there's still enough stuff around here in Europe. Ford had plants or assembly plants in Köln/Germany, Kopenhagen/Danmark, Dagenham/England, Gent/Belgium, Matford plants in France, one assembly plant in Romania and a few more maybe. And a lot of cars where exportet to Scandinavia, Chechoslovakia, Austria, Poland. In the 30's Henry sold the complete factory line for AA trucks to Russia where they where sold under the name of GAZ (Gorki Awtomobilny Sawod).
    This truck was for example still the main troop carrier in the red army in WW2. Not to forget the lend & lease plan that brought a tremendous number of planes, trucks, jeeps and so on from the US to Russia. No wonder that most russian cars and trucks look similar to their american counterparts. The russians did plainly copy them. Sometimes did improve. Just one example is if you want a downdraft carb on a model A/B try to find a late russian GAZ AA truck intake put a 1bbl on top and that's it.
    But if it comes to speed equipment we are completely in the woods here. Need to import most stuff from the US.

4. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Looks like you fellows know more about traditional hot rods than most americans do.I dont think Ive seen much cooler stuff anywhere.This post made my day!Thanks.