Register now to get rid of these ads!

Linseed oil over patina

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rivrat, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Can't give you your hour back but I can untype everything I said if that will help.

2. HouldenCaulfield

HouldenCaulfield
    from Tulsa, OK

This could have all been avoided if it was called "work in progress" vs. "patina". Apparently, "work in progress" is the traditional vernacular.

3. Growing up listening to my grandfather, dad and uncles talk about hot rods, the conversations were always what they did to make the cars faster. Don't remember them talking too much about the fit and finish.

05snopro440 likes this.
  4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

You can always count on the FNG to come out with little gems of wisdom like this...

5. Chrome it!!!!!

6. Rivrat

Rivrat
    from Dallas

im with you on this one

7. HouldenCaulfield

HouldenCaulfield
    from Tulsa, OK

FMG? I assume thats F*cking New Guy? Sorry.....im new here.

8. So how fast is the old hooptie?

This is just an assumption but maybe his folks had laksters.I am going to make a guess that Fitzgerald is about my age and that his folks didn't cruise rusty ol heaps in S Cal.

So how fast is the old truck? You spent all you cash on going fast is almost an excuse.

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Has anyone else noted a correlation between the use of certain words and phrases, and total asshat posts? Some of those words and phrases that seem to frequently meet this criteria are "bro" "hater" "sick ride" and lately, "gasser". Perhaps if those who feel the need to use these words could bold them and put them in red, or maybe use a distinctive font, the rest of us would be able to spot these posts more quickly, and simply avoid reading them. I already use the word "gasser" as a red flag to avoid entire threads. Usually, if I see the word "gasser" in the title of a thread, I just KNOW its going to be a complete crock of shit, and I simply dont open it. Just trying to help...:D

10. Perrorojo

Perrorojo

I read somewhere that Linseed oil is worth a tenth of second.

11. smarg

smarg

Why, oh why.. This forum...

Did you happen to spray any of this on?

Attached Files:

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ok, so I am assuming you are going to post a time slip?

13. Come on Bro, don't be a Hater cuz my Gasser Will Lay frame on bags with the body drop over the S-10 frame - its totally sick dude. So Rad :rolleyes:

14. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Dang it, now there is a layer of Dr. Pepper based patina all over my monitor.

15. Perrorojo

Perrorojo

Fonzi is warming up the motorcycle.

16. OK I know that this is completely off base but could someone define hater to me? I look on line and all I see are hater quotes to use. I am not sure if I should be proud or offended by that statement.

17. jazz1

jazz1

If you spray with a flat clear you have to lay it on very light or the flat clear will gloss up. bintheredoneit. As far as your linseed oil I would think it will tone down on its own in time,,,waiting is less work

18. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

I like the look of your truck. You've got a nice ride! I can't offer any suggestion as to toning down the gloss of the linseed oil as I never used it on metal surfaces. I've used it a lot on wood in order to get the sheen. I did the following thread regarding it's use as a rust preventative. Maybe, there's something in there that may be of help.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323872

19. pride63

pride63

20. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

*** yawn ***

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

CRAP! I forgot "layin frame" and "rad"...:eek:

22. If your layin rad that dude is really low. I mean I always thought that a lucky pack under the front bumper was low, but now layin rad that has got to be da bomb. I mean its gots to got more bad ass than rachel.

Oh common anybody? I mean it gets throwed out there somebody must know what it means, perhaps someone who said it?

23. dad-bud

dad-bud

Covering rust with anything doesn't get rid of rust.
    Shiny or not, the truck still looks cool - wide whites and attitude are always a winning combo.
    Wanna sell it?
    :D

24. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

That is the ex-minitrucker/VW crowd that now enjoy using their sick skills to build the next fad.

25. yeah its from 1951 ......this is a site DEVOTED to how things were done back then NOT HOW YOU THINK THEY SHOULD OF BEEN DONE

your right not everyone had a nice shiny car back then but as soon as the person could either afford to paint his car or trade for a better car you can nbet your sweet bippy they did and if thier car wasnt shiney about the only time you saw it was when the guy had it in front of his garage working on it then back inn the garage it went when he was done

tell me all you rust is cool guys when you were young and heard a bad ass sounding car coming down the road which one made you go WOW and get your blood pumping making you say i want a car like that someday was it a shiney nicly painted one or was it a multicolored rusted beat up one

i have no problem with primered carsor cars with seriously faded chipped paint (true patina) at all

but a car that is covered in surface rust makes me sad cause its soo easy to scuff it up and do something to protect the metal to keep the car around longer

paul (kripfink) dont give up , keep up the faith they WONT win theres a reason the cars we love are traditional...they stood the test of time no like all the other "trendy shit" thats come and gone since

and remember this to shall pass

26. beaner i believe hater is aterm to refer to anyone who says something against what the person said or belives or owns ...i think

at least thats what ive gathered from being called one soo often from all the acceptance is love crowd (anyone under @25) they are also called the polictically correct crowd

27. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Welcome to the HAMB. You better get used to it, it's not gonna stop because you're afraid your friends feelings are hurt. This is what happens when someone posts something off topic for the site. Your time is better off reading and figuring the site out before running off at the mouth. :rolleyes:

Traditional as it relates to the HAMB is a what is important here. Traditional as something you would have seen on the streets or in the mags or at the race track back in the mid 60's or earlier. Easy enough to understand.

Pooh time?

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Thats pretty much what I figured.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.