Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lincoln versailles rear axle parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hemirrhoid, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Hemirrhoid

Hemirrhoid
    from Wisconsin

Hi I bought a car with a Lincoln Versailles/Granada rear axle with the disc brake set-up on it. Unfortunately the previous owner can't find the caliper brackets. Anyone have a source for caliper brackets or calipers??

Thanks

The Rrhoidster

2. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

The unvarnished truth is....He did you a favor by loosing the calipers and brackets !
    The stock versailles stuff is VERY heavy (brackets and calipers) and the parking brake is a pita...
    Do a explorer disc conversion, and you will be way better off.
    Cheap, easy, light, and the parking brake works like a dream..
    Dave

3. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

X2 to X4

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

x6 - time to move on and forget they ever existed. 4wdb diffs are much better now. Gary

5. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Got any info on this? My project '51 Ford F1 came with a Granada rear end and yes the parking brake setup sucks. Got info on changing to later '90s stuff but would like to keep it cheap and easy, just like my old ex -girlfriends.:D

6. russd

russd

check rock auto for calipers. they had some stuff for mine. rotors and such.

7. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

Several threads here on this swap... I dont know how to link them, do a search.
    The explorer stuff can be had from the local pick n pull for about $150 for everything. The only hard part ( and it really IS NOT hard ) is filing out the holes in the caliper brackets to fit.. Some 9" housings you just have to open the holes in the brackets up to 1/2" , some you have to "oval " the holes a little bit ...no big deal either way.
    Good luck
    Dave

8. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

I picked one up once, thinking I'd scored. After months of scrounging for even the simple hardware, I gave up and put other brakes on it.

I'll never buy another. Not worth the hassles.

9. JEM

JEM

There was a time when they were the best option out there.

That time was thirty years ago.

I've got one here, it's a nice beefy 9in housing with fairly stout (if 28-spline) axles.)

The brake setup sucks, of course. I'd happily volunteer all the brake hardware I had stored for just shipping cost, but I tossed it in the scrap about four months ago while making some room in the storage shed.