Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lincoln PushButton Inner Spring Replacement

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tokyo, Aug 7, 2010.

1. I have a pair of lincoln push buttons that need to have the inner spring replaced. One of the buttons the spring has deteriorated and is completely broken, the other the spring is really weak.

I would like to be able to replace the spring inside but cannot find them anywhere. They are a push not pull spring, and they are about 1-1/4 inches wide. The problem I am runnign into is that any push spring that diameter is really thick. The hardware stores do not have anything in that diameter wire.

So..anyone got recommendations? Parts suppliers? anything??

thanks,

tok

Attached Files:

2. rschilp

rschilp

I've looked for those before without any luck. In the end I gave up and found some better pushbuttons to use.

Your post reminded me that I've got a stack of those pushbuttons somewhere, time to get rid of them, posted to the classifieds.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  3. Homemade44

Homemade44

If you can find someone close to you with a DiAcro spring winder and they have the push buttons they can wind the springs for you. Take some pictures of the spring and give all of the dimensions including the size of the diameter of the wire and someone might make them for you.

There is also someone making the buttons out of stainless that might use the same size springs. If you can find them maybe he will sell you the springs.

I have a winder but don't know the specs. on the spring and don't have the wire.

4. rob - thanks - I was hoping to not have to do that, but good luck with it.
    Joe - you have a winder..could I get some spec's to you and send you the wire?? I have a feeling that there aren't going to be too many people around here with one of those.

tok

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Homemade44

Homemade44

Sent you a PM.

6. dalesnyder

dalesnyder

7. rschilp

rschilp

If that doesn't work, I just found my stash of damaged originals, I've got a bunch with scratches, scrapes and dents.. if you want I'll sell you the springs out of those.