Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lincoln Motor into 55 Ford Victoria

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A.P. Photography, Jul 14, 2009.

1. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

Got a chance to pick up a 79 Lincoln Versailles that is complete from a friends grandmother. I know the brakes and rear will work on my 55 but what about the Engine/Tranny? It is a 302 and Auto tranny so am thinking it should work or is there something I am not thinking of?

2. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

3. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

I can't talk from experience for a 55 Vic, but the 302 is a nice compact engine that lends itself well to adaptation. (then engine compatment in my 55 Lincoln would SWALLOW a 302!)

302 can be had with a front sump or a rear sump. It has been put into everything from light trucks to the Mustang II.

IMO a 302 is ALMOST as easy to swap as a SBC.

I have never used an AOD, but everything I have heard says it is a pretty easy swap as well.

So, I say with 100% certainty that the 302 AOD will work easy chezzy in any engine bay that can hold a Y block.

4. rustrustler

rustrustler

when you take the rear end out save all the pieces as some of the emergency brake brackets are not available from Ford