Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lincoln-Mercury Overhaul Manual – Original FoMoCo Pub - SOLD PENDING RECEIPT OF PAYMENT

Discussion in '"The Antiquated" Classifieds' started by Tenaya, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Tenaya

Tenaya

City: Amarillo

State: TEXAS!
    Price: 50.00
    This is a scarce original copy of the definitive source of repair information for Lincoln and Mercury cars. The heavy duty binder, 3” thick and nearly 10 lbs., with over 20 sections, covers all (I think) Lincoln and Mercury cars for model years 1948 thru 1951.

This copy’s condition is what booksellers would categorize as Very Good. It comes from the estate of an auto repair shop owner. Since his shop ran from the mid-1960’s into the early 2000’s, and they specialized in transmissions, it’s hard to say how much they used this book (the Automatic Transmission section has some fingerprints). There is some physical wear, grime, and a few margin notes, but many sections look like they were never opened and the others are clean and legible. Mostly, the book is dirty from sitting on a shelf in an active shop. I’m pretty sure all of the pages are there, other than four sections with no content: Accessories, Special Tools and Equipment, Appendix. The original General Lubrication pages are in the back of the binder, but they were never inserted.

From what I see on the web and eBay, the binders seem prone to deterioration, but that’s not the case here. Other than general aging and some sort of overspray on the spine, the binder is in excellent shape and will probably clean up nicely.

If you’re not nostalgic and just need the wealth of information contained within, Ford publishes a modern soft-cover reprint for around $50.00. Real ones in assorted conditions sell on eBay for between $60.00 and $70.00, with shipping costs between $5.00 and $15.00.

If you like to own, enjoy and use the real thing, I’d like to get $50.00 + free domestic shipping (USPS). If you’re outside the U.S., shipping probably won’t be free.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]