Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs lincoln customs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bernardarama, Oct 24, 2008.

1. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

This is what I hope to start with a 50 w/ the 337 flathead..:D

Attached Files:

2. Lstude

Lstude

I saw that Lincoln wagon at a car show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

4. Bernardarama

Bernardarama

so i take it theres only like one lincoln wagon ever

5. Conder

Conder

The big wheels are KMC 820s, 22x10ish. The Steelies are 15x7s. At this stage the owner hasn't decided which way to go on wheels. I dig the 820s, although I would prefer a skinnier spoke. Back when we bought the wheels for the car, 22's were the biggest available and KMC had the only good looking 22 at the time.

Running wheels this big with the stock suspension required minor surgery inside the rear wheelwells and removal of the front inner fender lip, along with a new support. You also have to pop it to full height in front to parallel park.

On this car there isn't a budget for trick frame work. We may go Bellflower style with 15's or run some nice 20" Americans if the owner gets tired of compensating for those fat ass 22s. As a side note: when I do 4-doors I run the same size wheels all around. It just seems like the right thing to do aesthetically, especially on this Lincoln. Only my opinion. Hope that helps, good luck with yours!

6. Squablow

Squablow

I'm guessing it was an ambulance or a hearse at one time and whoever did it up just did it as a wagon without all the lights and landau bars and shit.

Looks fantastic, they should have made them like that at the factory. The rear quarter windows fit so nice, they may have been from a 4 door hardtop.

7. thesupersized

thesupersized

few pictures i had on my computer that i got off the internet...have to love 56 lincolns are my favorite..i heard the winfield painted "royal empress" got repainted just a plain yellow....i would never have painted over that awesome paint..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Thanks Conder, the car looks great. I am thinking about either 18's or 20 inch Coy's. Grey center, chrome lip. All depends. It's all up in the air though. As for same width tire all around, your probably right on that. I do know the front will need a little trim but not much and the rear stock exhaust location is in the way where the exhaust comes out at the back corners near the bumper, some of the pipe is in the wheel well so that will get rerouted if I go this route. Anyways, keep the Lincolns comming!

9. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

nice to see some lincolns

10. talker

talker

read post#24 on the Lincoln wagon I was there when it was being built so I know what I am talking about. Not a ambulance but built out of a 4 door sedan

11. GaryM

GaryM

"talker" is correct. I also saw the project as it was being built.
    Gary

12. Mild...................

Attached Files:

13. Built from three of them from what I understand. Neat car

14. Lstude

Lstude

Here's an old picture of a Lincoln custom.

[​IMG]

15. Rikster

Rikster

ONEBADMK8

Read THIS first, your postings are a "bit" off topic!

16. davedeltadog

davedeltadog

I took this pic last summer at a local car show. I think it's a 1939, all I know is I want it.

[​IMG]

17. Si ! :D
    These are more in keeping with the HAMB and will enhance your knowledge of traditional hot rods and customs.

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

I have a customer that had one. He gave it to his son and the kid not knowing what he had sold it for a couple grand. What a shame.:mad:

19. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

A buddys 55 Capri

Attached Files:

20. 1- shot slinger

1- shot slinger

Here's some...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and don't forget this masterpiece!
    [​IMG]

21. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

FRICKIN' WHOOOOOAAAAAAHHH!Gag reflex,help!

22. klazurfer

klazurfer

Fake1s :
    Klaz

Attached Files:

23. thesupersized

thesupersized

cool!! is that the aztec in it's early stages in the background to the left by any chance??

24. Talk about out of place! Look again where you are posting this shit!

25. Saw this one this weekend...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. stay there!!!!

27. ONEBADMK8

ONEBADMK8
    from NJ

WOW nice and mature way to treat someone who is NEW to this board. Thanks for the "Warm" welcome. Class act I must say.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  28. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

This is no need to jump all over Bob, but he has a right to jump all over you. When you joined up here did you read the rules about this forum and what we like here. Obviuosly you havent because you asked if you could post pics of a roadrunner. I can appreciate you trying to squeeze horsepower out of a mk8 and be different but please not on this forum.

29. At least I can read! There's no doubt you have a knack for making cars go fast,and there's a place for your passion,YOUR website,for instance. This isn't the place for those cars. DON"T try to defend your mistake by bashing me! I know where i'm at...Don't see me posting my 05 Magnum on here do you!
    BTW-wasn't meant to be warm,LOL.....

-1(for spelling)
    Thanks ONEBADMK8,HA HA!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  30. ONEBADMK8

ONEBADMK8
    from NJ

Im not jumping all over him I am being Adult and realistic.

If someone didn't know like me then just say it nice don't be all nasty with the "Get Out" attitude, just be nice.

It isn't hard to be nice.

I am 40 years old and I am into Old School stuff as well as new stuff and like them both equally.

I was told nicely in another thread about the specifics and read the rules and now I understand and LIKE it even more here.

So everyone just relax and be nice not nasty first, that's all I am asking.

I have a 58' Beetle too at least I have something to contribute to the board with.:D