Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lincoln caps on Ford Wheels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brock49Ford, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

Can you run 38 Lincoln Zepher hubcaps on 40 Ford rims? I know that the stock Ford/Merc caps are held in by the internal dimples. Are the Lincolns held on the same way? Or will I have to make an adapter of some sort? I heard about a nice set and the price seems right ($25 ea). The Lincoln wheels are long gone, I already asked... Thanks

2. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Zephyr hubcaps were made to mount with clips on the *wide-five* type of wheels........they will not mount up to the *inside tits* on a '40 Ford wheel......the cap is much larger in diameter than the typical Ford caps of the '40's.......

CB

3. I've got a 38 Zephyr 3 window and need some caps. If you pass on them, PLEASE let me know..

4. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

Thanks for the info. That is kind of what I figured, but I had to make sure.

Hudsoncustom- I'll see if I can get them. This guy is about 50-50 when it comes to matching the descripton of the part to what it really is.