Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lime Rock Vintage races

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hvywrench, Oct 24, 2011.

1. hvywrench

hvywrench
    from N.W. Conn.

In order to practice my picture posting, I'm trying to post pics from this year's Vintage Races at Lime Rock.
    This should be HAMB-friendly.
    I'm a musclecar guy but kept coming back to this Kurtis Indy car because it was such a piece of art.
    Hope they work:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Riding this for 500 miles in the summer?? Wooden Ships and Iron Men comes to mind...

[​IMG]

And since I have a thing for original 289 race Cobras:

[​IMG]
    This sounded awesome and ran like hell with a woman doin' the driving!
    Hope they post ok.
    Bill

2. 64gal

64gal

Vintage races are great, thanks for the pics.

3. veedolpaul

veedolpaul

I love the vintage fall festival at Lime Rock. Awesome cars in an awesome fall setting. I had an old Porsche 20 years ago, drove it up there thinking it was the biggest piece of crap in the corral. I came out to get something out of the car and some dude was taking pictures of it thinking it was so cool. I later traded it for a mint 48 Chevy bomb.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

The Lime Rock Vintage Weekend is always a good time. There are a lot of HAMB members that race there but don't post here often.

5. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

thats my old 331 block there,I was wondering when they would finish that car.

Attached Files:

6. When I lived in poughkeepsie that was my favorite event every year. As A bonus the parking lot is full of exotic cars.

7. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Lime Rock was always a favorite of mine and for years we were there for all the races in the 70's and 80's before moving to Florida.
    We used to camp there over night for the races. I don't think you could find a more beautiful setting for a race track then Lime Rock.
    The vintage races were always a very special event.

8. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Thanks hvywrench. I used to live near Lime Rock Park and loved the vintage racing. You should check out http://www.dogfightmag.com/. Another BAD ASS site by Ryan and John Joyo.
    Slim

9. hvywrench

hvywrench
    from N.W. Conn.

I don't know anything about the cars of this era, but I think they did right with your engine, the car was spectacular and I kept wandering back to it.

10. hvywrench

hvywrench
    from N.W. Conn.

I really look forward to the Labor Day weekend up there and all the vintage stuff. Some beautiful cars racing and on display.
    I'm a Ford musclecar guy at heart so I didn't take much for pics that would be HAMB-related.
    I posted pretty much all that I had over on another forum, it is a big post with a lot of pictures if you care to take a look (again - not traditional rod stuff and mostly Ford). If linking to another board is against the bylaws here, I apologize, let me know if I shouldn't do it.
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/7634...+dial-up+warning,+Blue+Oval+stuff+@+Lime+Rock

I have checked out the dogfight site from time to time. First time was to watch the '64 Fairlane at Nurburgring (sp?)...what a sound! Wish the video was more clear.....
    Bill

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  11. Thanks for posting. Lime Rock in the Fall is a beautiful place.

I drove up there in '82 in my MG when I was stationed at Groton.

12. hvywrench

hvywrench
    from N.W. Conn.

All the planets aligned and I was able to make it up to Lime Rock this year for all 3 days.
    Drove the '64 on Saturday and got plenty of stares, drove it again on Sunday and put it in the show (not in the judging)
    I probably don't know exactly what constitutes a 'HAMB friendly' racecar so I only have one picture and don't know a thing about the car, other than I like it:

[​IMG]

I found out that even pretty women like old cars:

[​IMG]

Like 'em enough to take a cell phone pic of the engine!
    My thrash to get it done in time was worth it!

[​IMG]

Had a great time, weather was perfect.
    Bill