Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest "Lil' Wayne" Moore, 60's/70's SoCal racer. Searching for info...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 440Dave, Dec 5, 2013.

1. It's been a while since I posted anything to further my search for info on my car, some may have seen pics of my 'barn find'(really, found in a feed barn in Surrey) Henry J drag car. I thought this time maybe a search for info on the former owner may jog someone's memory more than a search for info on the car. It once belonged to a racer named "Lil' Wayne" Moore, a member over at Moparts sent me a couple 40 year old pics of the car in action, and I can still make out the name on the side as the old laquer paint wears away. It has sponsor stickers from Ontario and Lancaster, Ca and one pic is from the old Fremont drag strip in the bay area, so he was likely based in SoCal but raced in various other locations. It looks like the current paint was probably done in the early 70's, and I can make out other lettering from previous paint coming through from underneath, so the car was probably raced from the mid 60's or earlier. On the back I can make out a "Thanks to my loving wife and crew" with 5 names underneath it. I'm fascinated by the thought of the history of my car, and it would be great if anyone had even the smallest bit of info for me to help search. Here's some old pics, and how I found the car.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  2. 26Troadster

26Troadster

sorry i can't help, but a cool little car non the less.

3. WayneMooreJr

WayneMooreJr
    from Georgia

That was my father's car.
    He raced it often at Irwindale in the 70s, and "Lil Wayne" was me - His side had "Big Wayne" painted over the door.

He once told me he found it rusting away in a field somewhere, with no drive train, and all dented and caved in from children playing and jumping on it. He bought the body - I think he said he paid $50 for it - and built the rest of the car to fit it.
    But, alas, with the economy in the late 70s, a growing family, and another racing buddy who provided plenty of action to satisfy his racing appetite without costing him an arm and a leg, he stopped racing it. It sat in our garage for about ten years before he finally admitted to himself that he would never race it again, and sold it.

I really would enjoy seeing it race again, and I think it would do my dad proud to see it, too. I can tell you where it's been; Can you tell me where it went?

"Lil' Wayne"