Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lil' Liza Jane.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Kedde, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Kedde

Kedde
    from Denmark

Well hello.
    I was asked to introduce myself, so I guess I'll be best off doin' so.

My name is Christian, but everybody calls me Kedde. Im 26 years old and
    I live in Denmark across the pond.
    In my spare time I usually work on my car or play with a Hillbilly band that I play in.
    Lil' Liza Jane is the name of my 1929 Model A Tudor.
    She's thirties style, all stock body, no chop no channel.
    Her engine is a hopped up fourbanger, a german build Ford Model B engine, allso known as a G28T engine. It means that this engine has got real bearing shells, instead of the old babbit bearings, it's got full pressure lubrication as well and a slightly hotter cam.
    I've build an intake manifold for a single Ford 81 carb. And I got my hands on a Thomas alu head and did some modification to the chambers, to make it flow better, cause thats the main problem with these flathead engines. For settin' the whole lot on fire I use a Sinchilla magneto.
    The transmission is an all stock unsynchronized Model A unit, once you get used to it, you can shift gears just as fast as with a regular tranny.
    Rear end is stock too.
    The chassis is Model A with a modified front crossmember, stock leaf springs (some leafs missing thoug) a 34 front axle and modified mechanical brakes.
    It may seem a little bold, but at 90 mph you've got your work cut out for ya.!:D

Regards
    Kedde.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v296/spbadass/A-Bombers%202006/?action=view&current=P1010151.jpg
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v296/spbadass/A-Bombers%202006/?action=view&current=P1010186.jpg
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v296/spbadass/A-Bombers%202006/?action=view&current=P1010292.jpghttp://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v296/spbadass/Bedrock%205/?action=view&current=63.jpg

2. RUSTY50F1

RUSTY50F1

WELCOME to the board Kedde, Why aren't you in the pics? RUSTY IN MUSTANG OK.

3. Kedde

Kedde
    from Denmark

Thank you ever so kindly.:)

Well I guess I did not think it was of any importance. But it's not so that you cant have any.
    Here are some pics of me then.

[​IMG]
    A pic of me eatin.

[​IMG]
    And here I am changing a headgasket in a gravel pit, cause i've just blown it in a race.

[​IMG]
    Pourin' gasoline in the tank, I do that a lot.

How do I post pictures and not just a link to them??

Kedde

4. rodder4lf

rodder4lf

Welcome! Must be a lot of gearheads in Denmark. I have shipped several old car parts for 1950's model cruisers to Denmark. Anyways, like I said welcome, glad you are here.

5. Kedde

Kedde
    from Denmark

Naa... There aint that many oldschool gearheads in Denmark. I'd say about 50-70 people at most. And that's out of five million people!! But there are quite a bit of people who restores them late 50s cars, and they are crazy about muscle cars over here. A real hotrod in Denmark is a glass 32 roadster with a read paint job, a 350-350 combo and tilt/telescope steering collumn... My car is just concidered a vintage car, but since it's modified to go faster than stock, then it's a hotrod to me... And most of the vintage purists, who do not like it at all.!

Kedde

6. Red Armadillo

Red Armadillo
    from Col. Oh.

Welcome Kedde. I'm a newbie here too. Glad to see this is all over. Nice ride. I know a few kats in Germany. Good to meet one from Denmark.

7. Kedde

Kedde
    from Denmark

Thanks for the kind words.!
    Have you been to europe since you know people from germany, or have they been 'over there'?

Kedde.

8. Hey Kedde, Bitchin Ride you have there. Don't worry bout them purist pussies :) You are doin a hell of a good job in our book. :) You guys should see the shit I've thrown out today ( no nothing worth keeping, I'd have given it away here first) Anyhow Liza sure looks like a hell of alot of fun. :D

9. Kedde

Kedde
    from Denmark

Thanks.
    well I dont worry about the purists But it's better to get along with them than argue all the the time. After all, they sit on all the parts .! he he.
    I've found out that if I show up in my rusty Volvo, and do some yakkedi yak about the difference in clutch design on the 28 or some other minor details on thirties cars, they think im really into restoring a beautiful stock Model A. And puff everything is for sale.:)

Kedde

10. I hear ya on that. We have a few restorers here in CC and most are pretty cool. Although they DO NOT like seeing anything chopped up, even if it were rusted beyond repair. Do you ahve any write ups or other info onthe banger stuff? I have not even pulled the motor outta the corner on my '31 A yet. It is still over at my dads, but I made a hell of alot of progress on my garage and drive way today. I'll be going over there this week sometime, and kinda pokin around and pulling stuff out along with shooting some more pics. Maybe by next weekend I will finally be able to bring the 5 window over to my house.

11. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

Hi Kedde welcome aboard! dont know what took you so long!!
    hope you take the trip down here with Morten..i have a cold one waiting. and i am soon ready for the carson top project!
    Palle

12. 38pickup

38pickup

That's one sweet Model A. I think you will fit right in. Welcome to The HAMB.

13. Kedde

Kedde
    from Denmark

Hi Palle.
    Well I had to get myself a PC first...... And then learn how to use it.!:D I shure will take that trip south, as soon as Morten puts himself together to say go.

Andeeh...A5windowcoupe do you want info/specs on my engine, or just tech on four bangers in general?

Kedde.