Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lil' Jewel - another Update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Reggie, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So I've been lacking on progress pics. I've been too busy trying to close down on this project and hopefully have Dondevas ready for the Round Up. Well, I borrowed a couple of wheels from the Candy Store....I mean D.W.'s garage.... to roll this thing around on. The chassis is DONE....all of the plumbing, the brakes bled and adjusted, etc. I'll set the motor and T-5 in and then the body goes back on. I'm pretty pleased with how it's turning out and I just hope it gives miles of trouble free hot rodding. I don't think finished chassis pics are as spectacular as bare metal buildups, but here are a few for ya to see.

First the brake plumbing.

Attached Files:

2. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rear suspension -

Attached Files:

3. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A couple of the front

Attached Files:

4. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Final shots for now -

Attached Files:

5. FWilliams

FWilliams

man that looks sweet......

6. ian

ian

true that!!

7. Bert

Bert

being at chassis stage myself, its nice to see the end result...looks great. By the way, have you fitted that mailbox yet:rolleyes: ........Bert

8. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

right on Reggie!!:)

9. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

You've been busy Reggie.

Will it be ready for the Round up?

10. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

11. Dirty2

Dirty2

Very nice Reggie !!!!

12. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Plumbing looks very tidy. Lots of powder coating luxury! The pictures I have of this car in it's previous incarnation were so neat, I can't wait to see it done. Fenderd cars rule. Looks Killer Reggie.

13. Von Franco

Von Franco

Reggie you better be ready when I come into town or im striping your whole house lol...

Endsville .....V.F.

14. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Looks really nice Reggie!

15. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

That looks GREAT, man.

Most of the time I really like being that lone guy in a turn-of-the-century single car garage at 2:00am. Figuring it out on his own - "Building dreams from trash". I prefer that. But seeing pictures of places like yours, Throttlers, Bleeds, and Tucks, I can't help but to feel a little jealous.

You can look at the pictures and pick up a vibe, I can't explain it but it's rooted in friendship. Makes you take another look and realize not all club plaques are for posturing.

16. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Very well said.

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Reggie, if D.W. needs his rollers back let me know... I seem to be collecting black powder coated steel wheels as of late...

Car looks great!

18. AHotRod

AHotRod

Reggie,
    The chasssis looks great !

19. Paul

Paul
    Editor

that does it,
    I'm tearing my shit apart and redoing it.

20. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow!! Thanks for the kind words! Yep, she'd better be ready by Round-Up. I just finished up the steering column mount and a little bit of floor work.

The biggest thing left before it's drivable are the electricals. We are heading to Dallas for the Swimming State Championship. I'm taking the instrument panel, my soldering iron, and my electrical tool box to build a fuse panel.

Boy, I just had a flashback. I always take small things like carbs, electrical work, etc. on business trips so that I can get things done in the hotel room. What a shop!!!....an air conditioned hotel room, room service, et. al. Well after travel resumed after the 9/11 catastrophy, I packed my luggage full of electrical stuff to build a fuse panel while on a trip to New York. I made it to Westchester County Airport (north of New York) with no problems. But on my way back to the airport in the rental car, I was met with a trunk search and a bunch of rightfully testy National Guardsmen. They searched my luggage and found all of this electrical stuff. I missed my flight trying to explain myself out of that one.

Why am I side tracking???....back to work.