Register now to get rid of these ads!

Liftoff body AND weld in rollcage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chicken Scratch, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Chicken Scratch

Chicken Scratch

Looking ahead as I build my roadster, I know I want a 6 point cage but I would like to have the body be able to fit off. I'm not worried about making a design to quick disconnect the steering column. My main question is what to do about the floor. I cant attach it to the car or else you cant take the body off because the cage would be welded to the frame.

If I make the floor skeleton and make that bolt to the frame, I can make the body bolt to the floor and transmission tunnel front flange, but I was wondering about a seal system. How do you make a good seal at this joint? or dont worry about it and just bolt steel to steel?

2. Chicken Scratch

Chicken Scratch

Found a good example from here on the HAMB, sorry forget who's this is

[​IMG]

The body can just bolt to the frame, do I not worry about the gap all around the sides of the body and at the trans tunnel?

3. Drive Em

Drive Em

The body lifs off my Track T with the removal of a few bolts, the un-plugging of a few lights and removal of the pitman arm. The floor is attached to the bottom of the chassis. It has an integrall rollbar, and the chassis is a semi space frame design.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]