Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lift spindles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Andamo, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Andamo

Andamo

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  2. Gawd I haven't seen a set since the early '70s. Not that that was the only time they made 'em.
    Used to be a company that made a real slick set that had 3 or 4 holes you could move the pin up and down to adjust ride height.

Anyway I don't know that anyone makes 'em anymore. Might try mud bogger stuff and or off road type companies. And no this isn't a slam. Just a thought. Then guys will try to lift and race anything.

They do still make lift springs, look in a catalog speed shop type of catalog. The Bisquit ought to have enough suspension adjustent to handle a couple of inches of spring lift. Just a thought.

Another place to look might be PAW (they should have a site) they still sell a lot of the old timey speed equipment that other companies don't handle.

3. Phil1934

Phil1934

4. 37FABRICATION

37FABRICATION

Fabtech makes an S-10 3.5" lift spindle p/n FTS7283-7 and you can convert to disc at the the same time if it's not already...

5. The "C" style (as well as other) ball joint extenders DON'T raise the car. They ALLOW you to raise the car without worrying about the suspesion "topping" out. PS-I vote for putting an "axle" under it

6. MyBootsOnFire

MyBootsOnFire

Adapting a later model lift spindle would be a cool idea, but if you do it stay away from Fabtech. I've seen their spindles break in all kinds of horrible ways, and that's with on road driving.

7. Andamo

Andamo

8. junk fiend

junk fiend

+1 but yeah fagtech sucks