Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Lettering the Koopmeiners & Sons 55 chevy gasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Von Hartmann, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Great talent!
    [​IMG]

2. Sage

Sage

Hair. Hair. Hair. Jeeze...it's just friggen hair (I'd like to think that all this 'hair' business is just a friendly ribbing from those who know him). Remember, 'You can't judge a book by looking at it's cover'.

Back when I had hair, I had a ponytail just about to my waist. Guess what? No matter how much somebody had a problem with the way I looked, my work would always win 'em over. When I was still in the S. F. Bay Area I stayed busy 7 days a week...for months on end.

Last time I checked, hair couldn't hurt you. Now, a knife or a bullet...that's a different story. Besides, what fun would it be if we all fit into someone else's idea of what we should look like? That's like saying all cars should look the same.

Don't have problems with the way he's chosen to look...admire the man for his work. It's what comes out of the end of his brush that really matters. And just to clear up any misconceptions...I am not one of those 'can't we all just get along?' types.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  3. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

4. AHAAAA! I think I figured out what his secret is! :eek: It's so obvious. It's like the story of Samson in the Bible. His strength is in his hair and that's why he can't cut it! :D

Either that or he's making his own brushes using his own hair instead of that from a Russian squirrel! :rolleyes:

5. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Sage....YES....most of us know him here...and the ribbing is because Ryan's nickname is "The Dirty Hippie" and when wearing his jean jacket he looks like Taylor from Two Lane Blacktop.....all in jest.
    But he would be in total disguise if he shaved his head...lol......

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

thanks for setting the record straight Eric. It is all in good fun with Ryan the Hippie

7. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Beautiful work! Really the icing on the cake!

8. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Yep everyone on here from this part of the country knows him...and we won't let him forget his nickname.........Bob - can you impagine him showing up head shaved, dress shirt.....no one would know who he was...LOL....Pat Boone??

9. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

???

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

11. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Here's some pictures of the lettering I did on Eric's other car. Also a gasser with history.

I did all the lettering on this car with no template. I really took the hard way out on this one. I laid out and painted each side freehand... I just took lots of measurements. I'll probably letter everything from now on the way I did the gold car. My methods have become more refined since lettering Erics orange car.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The & sign is done in red variegated
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
    Kevs56 likes this.
  12. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

I'll see if I can get some pictures posted of the car after Eric finished it.

13. It's GREAT to see young talent like this, thanks for sharing!

14. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

At World of Wheels Milwaulkee (bad pic of the orange car). Good one of INLAWMODELA's Fiat though
    [​IMG]

Kevs56 likes this.
  15. All I have is this:

[​IMG]

16. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Well, now that I have fixed my photobucket account and my pix work. Here are some shots Eric took at Great Lakes Dragaway getting ready for the 1st pass.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kevs56 likes this.
  17. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Excellent work. That definitely is one of the sharpest, (and quickest), 55's around. It was really interesting to read the car's history. Thanks for posting all of this.

18. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Just now saw this thread - I knew the dirty hippy was talented - but seeing the process was waaaaay cool.
    Thanks for posting Ryan - ya'll gonna be at the Chicago WOW?

19. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

It looks great!!!

20. barbara

barbara
    from wisconsin

these pictures are great...but for anyone that hasn't seen this car in person, they just don't do it justice. 55 gassers just don't get any better than this. everything, including the lettering, is perfect.

21. love the car ,,,,