Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let's talk tools....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by independentcustoms, Aug 27, 2013.

1. budd

budd

a beltgrinder is a great tool, i built my own, i use mine every day 20 times i'm sure, makes life so easy when you can just go over and flip the switch and grind without haveing to figure out how to clamp your part and then find the angle grinder, i have mine clamped to my roll around work bench.

2. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Sander, I have a handfull of 4 inch grinders, cutoff wheel, grinding wheel, wire brush... one of each means less time changing wheels.
    Band saw/portaband, I use them more than I ever thought I would.
    Good welder is always a bonus.
    Having a torch around really helps for cutting and banging.

Outside the shop my battery impact and battery sawzalls are heaven sent when getting parts at the junk yard!

3. '51 Norm

'51 Norm
    from colorado

Several years ago I got a ratchet that when the handle is twisted the head goes around. I don't know what the proper name for it is but I have gotten to the point that I am frustrated when trying to use a regular ratchet. It is one of those "why didn't they think of that before?" tools.

4. If you work with a Model A or early V8 Ford you need a rear hub puller.

Charlie Stephens

5. jazz1

jazz1

X2 on the bandsaw,,the most versatile tool next to a hammer. I made a "table" to set in the machines vise as I use the saw mainly in the upright position...the seller also told me where there was a 35 chevy coupe sitting 30+ years now..

[​IMG]