Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Lets see your tail lights

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by youngsspeed, Jan 4, 2014.

1. '48 buick.

Attached Files:

2. Got a pair of spiderweb Chrysler Airflows for my A, reasonably rare and bloody expensive, but man they are the coolest lights..

3. Model A units with hand made alloy mounts on my 26 T. JW
    [​IMG]

4. $2.00 tail lite from swap meet mounted on spare tire mount and third lite in back window, late thirties Chevy turn signals on each side:cool:

Attached Files:

5. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Friends 35 Master Chevy sloper (All enclosed coupe) with 37 Chevy tail lamps and I believe, 35 Ford bumpers

Attached Files:

6. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

58 Chevy Biscayne tail lights

[​IMG]

AHotRod likes this.
  7. Squablow

Squablow

These little Zeppelin shaped guys came on my '26 T roadster, they were home made by the previous builder. It's a shame he let them get rusty (along with the rest of the car), but that will be rectified in the rebuild.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. .

And for something a little different...

[​IMG]

9. TNLuke

TNLuke
    from TN

1960 Rambler Tail

Attached Files:

10. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Those are 37 FORD taillamps.

11. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The "late thirties Chevy turn signals" are actually 39 Chevy taillamps which were also used as accesory taillamps on 40-48 Chevy/GMCsedan deliveries and panel trucks up through 1954.

12. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

A little hint, if you want to keep your tailend from being eaten by a Subaru remove the lens and mask off the bulb socket with masking tape. Paint the inside of the housing with gloss white enamel. Wait until it drys, remove the tape and reinstall, bulb, lens (after scrubbing with dish detergent and a toothbrush inside and out) and rim.
    Put on your sunglasses because your lights will be really bright now, day OR night. The entire lens will be lit up as opposed to only the part directly in line with the bulb element.
    You're welcome.

13. Binger

Binger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from wyoming

I am going to use 54 Buick tail lights on my coupe but they look a lot like the '50 Pontiac but they are more pointed. sorry I don't have a pic of them.