Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let's See Your Spare Parts in Your Spare Bedroom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 43gman, Mar 1, 2011.

1. 43gman

43gman
    from NC

Am I the only one that is "allowed" to leave car parts in one of the bedrooms? :D

[​IMG]

2. No I can leave parts anyplace in the house I want.

Attached Files:

3. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Bedroom, basement, living room, dishwasher.. I find more tools cleaning the couch then the garage. Being single is nice sometimes...

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Awwwww, mine are all in the living room...

[​IMG]

R-

5. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The unspoken rule in our house if i don't want her stuff in the shop i don't store parts in the house . Got more room in the barn any how .

6. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

'allowed'?
    'spare bedroom'?

I've had two doors for a 1935 Ford pickup and a Harley crashbar in MY bedroom for years

7. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

that's why I have a 2nd garage

8. Deuces

Deuces

Why???........

9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

To late, I put the damn thing back together. Tired of getting bitched at for have'n the stuff in the house.

10. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Yaaa...I can hardly get any response on how to pep up my flathead, but I get to see spare bedrooms!?!?
    WTF?...

11. mmmm, Interior parts and grill in main bedroom, covered Suzuki in living room, carburetor parts in dishwasher and "pantry " closet

12. When I was building my '54 Hudson Hornet Gasser in 1966, I had the slicks under the babys crib and the 308 block and rotating parts on the other side of the room.
    I would have taken some photos if I knew this was going to be a subject being discussed 45 years later!

13. How bout a bike in the livingroom, and of course assorted parts by the computer. found a old sw oil guage in my bedroom closet.

Attached Files:

14. 32phil

32phil
    from New York

When I was building my 5 window I kept the finished & painted front fenders in the spare bedroom. I swear she caught a baby offa me just to get those fenders off her favorite bedspread. That baby will be 34 next month and he's got a sweet 29 Banger RPU.

15. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I dont make a habit of it
    but i have been known to do some assembly of clean , or new parts in the house when it just too dam cold outside to warrent heating up the entier shop just to do some clean assembly

16. phukinartie

phukinartie

I dont bring stuff like that in the house my wife knows what that stuff is worth and then she wonders where I got the money

17. tnrotter

tnrotter
    from Tennessee

Ive been remodeling the house and building a new master bath off the MB is part of it, so my wife and I are sleeping in the spare bedroom. The master bedroom has a 4-v intake, header panel, my best paint that Ive got inside to keep from freezing. There were a pair of taillights for my truck on the antique gossip bench in the living room, but I took them out this morning and put them in the truck. Were buying a Victorian couch for the living room (woman cave), and I plan on building a 54 Crestline 'love seat' for the Man cave. Ive got a 64 Galaxie hood thats been sitting on the back corners too long that Im cutting the front foot or so off and turning into a shelf or a wall hanging.

18. GARY?

GARY?

Hey Harvey where are you...:D

19. I remember having an Edelbrock Tarantula intake manifold, a hurst competition plus shifter, (both still in the box) and a couple of mid 60's GM bucket seats in my bed room, but that was when I was 16....... 39 years ago! :)

20. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Here goes; my bedroom, spare bedroom and under stairs. There are a couple of additional boxes in the shed along with wheels and tyres. I'm still waiting for my engine rebuild kit to clear customs. Still waiting for AC unit, miscellaneous brackets and all new trim.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  21. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Mine are all in the kitchen and living room, bedroom is too small.

22. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Not my bedroom, but this accents my dining room just fine.

Attached Files:

23. No room in the garage???

24. This is when I love being single. I don't have anything rusty or dirty in the house but I do have a few parts here & there.... including a slick bobber project in the living room.

[​IMG]

25. OK to pep up your flatty start by tearing it down and getting all the cracks in the block repaired. Sleeve any cylinders that need to be sleeved.

Now get yourself a stroker crank, scat is a good place and bore your cylinders to the desired over bore. Select a set of forged pistons to fit your bores, remember to keep your compression down. Have the block o-ringed while you are haveing the machine work done and if your machinist is real sharp have him build you a stud girdle. Your crank will need to be stud mounted.

Call out west and order yourself a pair of ardon heads and a SCott blower. Have a blower top made up to run a 4 port hilborn. Call Ed Iscandarian while you are ordering parts and have him grind you a blower specific cam.

You are getting close to the end here so take out a third mortgage on your house can't give up now.

make sure you have all the gaskets in one place along with a set of coated inserts and gapless rings. Start pre assembly. Make sure that your clearances are perfect be sure to clay your pistons. Disassemble and clean everything to the max.

now start assembly makeing sure that every torque spec is met. better pay someone with a dyno to tune it for you. Soon you will be motoring down the road and you want to make sure that you squeeze all 300 Hp out of it.

There you go its not all inclusive but you are well on your way to pepping up your flathead.

26. Deuces

Deuces

27. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

HAHAHA, Thanks porknbeaner!! but i was more concerned about the carbs!!:p:rolleyes:

Ok then!, On with the dirty skivees hanging from lake pipes!!:D:D

28. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Been there!!! Reminds me of when I got married in 1973. My '41 Willys coupe body in mom's garage, my 392 stroker hemi short block under the kitchen table at our apartment, hemi heads and four speed in hot water tank closet off of kitchen, headers under the bed, two 4 intake and carbs as conversation piece in living room. Very understanding wife. Still got her--the wife not the Willys.

29. iamspencer

iamspencer

Girlfriend made me clean the bedroom last month, found all the parts I bought for my 54 a couple a years ago, full painless wiring kit, brake booster kit, dropped uprights and steering arms, tail lights, rear window, front disks conversion

Its all installed now, except for the glass... one day

30. junkmonger

junkmonger

Because the 48-foot Semi-trailer is FULL!:D

When I lived down in Florida, I assembled a Model A pickup in my spare bedroom, but had to dis-assemble it to get it out when I moved.

Here's what the spare room looks like right now.

Attached Files: