Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let's see your patina'd 55-57 chevys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grandet23, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

2. That's what i'm talking about man, that thing is bitchin'!!!

3. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

My Nomad with close to 40 year old lacquer paint.
    Cracked and faded with some bondo cracks

[​IMG]

chevy57dude likes this.
  4. outlaw256

outlaw256

now how did you know im a grandpa? its great. and my grandkids dont like rust either!lol..my grandson says they got cancer grandpa fix them and hes 5.someday when you get older maybe youll see it like he does.lol

benchseat4speed likes this.
  5. outlaw256

outlaw256

now bucksnort thats a good lookin nomad.and its not covered in rust.all the old laquer paint cracks. dont mind cracked or faded paint but rust drives me nuts.i wouldnt want a woman with a ugly ass face layin next to me so why would i drive a ugly car .lol

6. I doubt I will ever see it your way Grandpa. I'm not talking just straight rust, old paint that may or may not have a little or alot of rust coming through. That Nomad looks like mine, old paint. Never mind.

7. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Understand outlaw.Does have some floor issues but is a great driver and I enjoy the hell out of it.

8. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Here you go,R.
    Another side of my old drag car from the 60's I've been hoarding.

[​IMG]

9. FLATROCKER

FLATROCKER
    from nw ohio

Thats a good thing to hoard !! Love the 57 Bucksnort. Id clean it up the way it is and drive it !

10. schpud

schpud
    from ME

Awesome thread, but just curious, do you guys with rustier cars repair everything else and leave just the body rusty? Or if you have some rust on the underside, exhaust, drive train, etc, do you just leave that too?

11. slammed

slammed

My goodness some well preserved Chevrolets here boys'. Rust isn't kewl Outlaw? One word: Geritol. Ha! Now drive the shiny off that old car.

12. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

1-7-2011 6;52;47 PM.jpg Saw this at Shades of the Past a few yrs. ago.

13. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

I don't plan on painting my car any time soon, but when I do the paint will be flat, not shiny. I'm not into the whole bling bling thing, because I'm not vain. I don't care about impressing old men. Whats fun it to run my car down a bunch of gravel roads and get it good and dirty, then go to the cruise in and park next to all the shiney billet 57's with old men sitting in lawn chairs with their cry baby dolls and watch the disgusted looks on their faces when people walk right past their bling bling ride to ask questions about my "rusty piece of shit". Oh, BTW "outlaw" is that flat black on the car in your avatar?

What gets me is all the people that are so hell bent to have a shiny car that they will spend the time and money to lay good paint over their shitty half ass bodywork and have rings and 80 grit scratches showing through. No cool at all. Glossy cars just don't appeal to me at car shows, they just look like stock lame turds to me. I love tri five Chevys, but there is nothing more lame than an over restored bone stock one. No visual interest whatsoever.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  14. Hey DD, I lived for those moments with my '55 Gasser, although mine is nice now but not before my accident, and I have a '57 Nomad that is full patina that I won't paint. The old gold chainers just don't know what to think.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  15. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

It's hilarious how pissed they get.

Stock sucks, unless it's an original survivor or something super rare.

16. Graham 51

Graham 51
    from Pella,Iowa

My 55 has some wear to the paint.

Attached Files:

17. Mullins

Mullins

Here's a few of my 57 that was a old chevrolet dealers drag car in the 70's and 80's. Just pulled out of a barn in 2011.

Attached Files:

• 074.jpg
      074.jpg
      File size:
      93.7 KB
      Views:
    • 073.jpg
      073.jpg
      File size:
      99.1 KB
      Views:
    • 081.jpg
      081.jpg
      File size:
      111 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      362.8 KB
      Views:
    • 032.jpg
      032.jpg
      File size:
      465.2 KB
      Views:
    • 034.jpg
      034.jpg
      File size:
      323.4 KB
      Views:
    • 035.jpg
      035.jpg
      File size:
      462.6 KB
      Views:
  18. Butch M

Butch M

how about this one

Attached Files:

19. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

26 year old paint. I keep forgetting patina is "cool" and buff it out every five years or so.
    my nomad.JPG

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  20. Has anybody seen the new Ole Skool Rods? There is a '55 Chevy Gasser (or so they call it) in the feature that looks like it was used in a parade, a gay Pride Parade. That is definately why I would never let that RAG take a picture of my car. And they will NEVER do a feature with it. Shameful, just shameful. THEY are why this Rat Rod craze will not end.

Elcohaulic likes this.
  21. 33hotrod

33hotrod

thats a hell of a nice car, and a nice guy your knockin' ! I have raced against him in Bakersfield and I'd like to see your car come close to beatin' him! Stan

22. A hell of a nice car? HEHEH ok, whether I would beat him or not is not the point. That car looks like a flippin' circus act and makes a mockery of Gassers in general. But then I guess it falls in line with all of the other shitboxes in there. But it's still, just a matter of opinion. If you like it, enjoy.

23. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

[​IMG]

Heres my 55, was sponsored by J&J tire back in the 60s.

24. I always liked the Tarantula.

25. Caddy65

Caddy65

Story is its originally from Michigan, used to run a 331 hilborn injected sbc, muncie 4 speed, olds rear end. Its got early Mustang bucket seats, moon style steering wheel and SW gages.

Attached Files:

26. That car is BITCHIN' Caddy.

27. Is this Bruce Cox's "Rainbow Warrior" we are talking about? If so, that car
    has more history in one lug nut than Seghi will ever have, and God doesn't, make humans any better than Bruce. Seghi, I keep trying to like you man, but if your bagging on this guy and that car, you just burned a bunch more bridges. CHRR2006062vi-vi.jpg

28. PS. Seghi, the reason this car still wears it's old paint, is because it was laid on it by the founders of "House of Colors Paint" who also built and owned the car originally. This car runs mid 10's/130+ on easy passes, if you think your 327 is gonna hang with him, you better go suck on your cack pipe some more.

29. '
    this is a sweet looking car, don't have to worry about the kids scratching it

30. Ah, this will be painted.

Attached Files: