Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Let's see your homemade speed equipment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Robert J. Palmer, Nov 26, 2014.

1. marxjunk

marxjunk
    from KCMO

pontiac tunnel ram made out of a pontiac valve cover
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. Great stuff guys Please add more.
    I have to shovel snow and help with Thanksgiving, so I will not be back today!
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the U.S.A. & a good day to everyone in the rest of the world.
    Robert J. Palmer

Deuces likes this.
  3. I once knew a guy who made a set of Pontiac headers out of 1 1/2" galvanized water pipe (used). Does that count?

4. All Homebuilt tunnel Rams for flathead Ford/Merc v8.Named pacific Jackrabbit,some 2/2,3/2,4/2; built by a friend out of boredom and also retired 5 years ago.

5. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Great stuff!

subscribed

6. desotot

desotot

Headers for my 425 nailhead in my 49 merc

[​IMG]

Intake for my desoto hemi

[​IMG]

7. desotot

desotot

Standard flywheel made out of a piece of 1 1/4" plate with a pontiac ring gear to fit a 472/ 500 caddy.

[​IMG]

8. Some pics I've taken in NZ of home made intakes.....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a 348 blower intake by Mike Roberts....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

j-jock, Nailhead Jason and volvobrynk like this.
  9. kuhn1941

kuhn1941

My first Intake header combo that I did in my garage , me and my mig welder . I fabricated ,designed ,and set up tri power "3 holley 94's" connected to a sheet metal air cleaner . I have to say even the "Y" pipe took some work to make . I give everyone out there as fabricators oct 5 2014 123.jpg oct 5 2014 129.jpg oct 5 2014 132.jpg for being awesome .

j-jock, tinsled and patmanta like this.
  10. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Subscribed. There's an attitude doing the rounds that Traditional is only mixing and matching old parts and excludes fabrication. It's an attitude with which I profoundly disagree. That conception of Traditional is far too boring to support anything on the scale of the HAMB.

Besides, I'm thinking fabricated intakes and headers for both my (dormant) projects. Bring it on.

Karl_William and cretin like this.
  11. This is a little off subject but I am reminded of an early old outlaw (Non-N.A.S.C.A.R) stock car runner's story.
    He used savaged water pipe (not a uncommon practice) with sprinkler heads for roll bars.
    The tech guys thought it was a great idea in case of fire!

12. I have built-
    A split exhaust manifold of a blue flame 6 Chevrolet
    3 fuel logs using 1x1 alum solid stock bored & tapped 3/8" N.P.T with 1/4" N.P.T outlets with 1" alum angle I T.I.G. weld to it as mounts.
    All the alum was pulled out of the dumpster.
    I have been using one of them on my '53 for 5 years!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  13. I have photos of my own homemade speed parts, I will have someone at work help me put them up.

14. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Homemade injection setup for a 292 Chevy....it's EFI but I made it myself
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  15. Split my exhaust and built an intake for my plymouth flathead six. 002 (2).JPG DSCN1793.JPG

brEad, ekimneirbo, j-jock and 7 others like this.
  16. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Now thats what a feller would call"enginuity".:rolleyes:
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

17. I had the computer guy at work help me try and Upload?, Download?, Frontload?, Topload? my photos. He got the same image to big message I got. He is going to help me with an image sharing innerweb deal so can get them up.
    - Robert J. Palmer

18. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

AH HA! how does / did it work?

19. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

It worked good the torque on the bottom end was great I ran a 4 speed and it would spin both rear tires with a open rear but top end was a little lacking because these intake runners are about half the size of standard port.
    I have a lower from a Vortec that I have plans on making a top for and should be better because of the larger ports.

20. It's turning into a header thread but making an engine breath is high on the list.
    Here are some tri-y headers I made for my 32 coupe with a 322 nailhead. The R&R racing is a tribute to the original Rhythm Rods Racing team in Minneapolis.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1417825916.319571.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1417825930.021797.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Deuces likes this.
  21. marxjunk

marxjunk
    from KCMO

this belongs to a friend..too bad i had no idea he had it or i would have bought it before he put it on ebay..its running there now

its kinda home made..or at least half is..the top was made in a high school shop class...neat conversation piece...my buddy says it weighs a ton

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

weird thing is..2 or 3 years ago..i found one like it for a nailhead.....on an old fiberglass boat.....had to be made by the same guy/class/school or what ever..it was a neat piece to..i had it bought but the guy wouldnt let me come over til morning, then he wouldnt answer the phone..when he finally did he said he sold it for twice what he was asking BECAUSE SOMEONE CALLED RIGHT AFTER I DID AND OFFERED IT..HE NEVER EVEN ASKED ME IF ID MATCH IT..nice honorable guy...

22. Some real art on here---

Frenchtown, I couldn't stop looking back and forth between the intake and the exhaust..

23. GRX

GRX
    from MD

That is bad ass! And not just because of the Pontiac 421. Nice high school foundry work.

24. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Ingenuity in action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimbo

25. Great, great stuff guys. Keep it coming , Very interesting for sure!

26. Hey what happened... Nothing since Saturday?

27. jcs64

jcs64

heres one to keep the thread alive
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jeff

46fatford, volvobrynk and saltflats like this.