Register now to get rid of these ads!

lets see your henry j's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jan bogert, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Old Racer 35

Old Racer 35
    from virginia

yea it was powered by a cammer ,had dry sump oil system ,funny car cage was well engineered this car has to be stashed somewhere be nice to know!this car is why i had to have a henry j

2. Mine is coming along

Attached Files:

• 154.jpg
      154.jpg
      File size:
      79.2 KB
      Views:
  3. joshua1898

joshua1898

I saw in one of your posts mention of the B/A Henry J of E.L. Williams. This is my all time favorite car. Had a photo from the magazine article you displayed of the car framed and on the wall of my sons room for 20 yrs and sadly lost it along with other items in a divorce. I can still remember the photos of the car and if I remember correctly it was said Mr. Williams did machine work for the legendary Ram Chargers of Chrysler fame. Could you please tell me the publication and date of the magazine article you displayed? The photo brings back good memories of a time when my sons and I went to the drags as often as possible. Just seeing that SOHC powered Henry J brings back pleasant memories. I was thinking it was in a issue of Car Craft but not sure. Thanks so much and Happy New Year .

4. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

And here is the 51 I picked up lately.

Attached Files:

5. alumslot

alumslot

Here's mine just staring to do the rockers and floor. I hope to start to putting in the rockers soon. Long time to be done but can't wait to drive it.

Jim

Attached Files:

6. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

Jim, your floor looks like my 52's floor.

7. rlsteel

rlsteel

my 53 rls

Attached Files:

8. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

You guys interested in Giving me some advise when the time comes to do the 53? there will be alot of questions..

9. Drewski

Drewski

Had this 53 Henry back in 1967. Had plans of putting it back on the street, but Uncle Sam had other ideas.

[​IMG]

10. jan bogert

jan bogert

RLS all '53's had tail and brake lites in the quarter pannel fin. so did the mid 52's either u have a '51 or early '52

11. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I think that Henry J was "Best Engineered" at the US Nationals one year, quite a car!

12. Heres mine, 1st pic is when it arrived home. Then I found all the "free rust"!! I think most J's have rusted floors though!!! This one once had a Hemi under the dash back in the 60's. A Chevy truck straight axle,and truck steering box The next incarnation will have a Pontiac engine in the standard 10% setback. New chrome tube axle. Has a 69 Camaro rear end with killer gears. May have to drag out my Halibrand Champ for this one!! I'll at least get to exercise my sheet metal skills, or lack of ,on this one!!

Attached Files:

13. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

This is one I did some work on, for a friend.

Attached Files:

14. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

15. I see a couple Henry's with Fat Man stubs. Hope they fit ok. I probably built it. Spent 10 years workin' for Brent.

16. magooz

magooz

Hi Guys,
    We're in Seattle, and building a Street Legal '51 Henry- J Gasser with an Alum Headed / Crower Injected 496" BBC / TCI Full Manual T-400 / 4500 Stall / 9" Ford with Strange Nodular Case 456 Detroit Locker. Wilwood Disc breaks. Polished 12" x15" ET's Rear, and rare 4.5" x 15" Fenton Gyro's up front. Elco Tank used as a surge tank for the Injection Pump, 16gal cell in rear feeds the front mounted Elco Tank with a Holley float bowel on it to serve as a Surge Tank for the Hilborn P-150 Hilborn Pump. That's how you can run mechanical Injectors on the Street. Also used a Kinsler Dial-A-Jet that holds 8 Pills for overall tuning. (See second to last photo)

[email protected] for questions

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  17. Slideways

Slideways
    from Maryland

Have a friend who has 2 Henry J cars....1 with title and 1 without title....cars are located in Cumberland, Maryland....he's asking $4,000.00 b/o for the pair....there are some new parts...rockers, floor pans etc.....if any interest...message me and i'll give you the number to contact him......Sorry to hi-jack thread....was looking at pics and thought somebody out there mite wanna build one too

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  18. alumslot

alumslot

Yea I understand that's the way they ALL are now. I've never done anything close to this to build a car but got a friend who says this is all he's done so one day it will be on the road.

Jim

19. joshua1898

joshua1898

Had a photo of E.L. Williams car on my sons bedroom walls while he was growing up. Lost it along a house, dog etc to my ex wife and have been trying to find out which issue and magazine the car was in. You mentioned Car Craft 1978 would you happen to know which issue? Thanks.
    Joshua

20. rlsteel

rlsteel

they were filled in when the body work was done. RLS

21. doinbad

doinbad
    from celina tn

henry dam.jpg

henry dam 2.jpg love those henry js here is mine

22. bob3757

bob3757
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tigard, Or

Here's a few pictures of my "51 Henry J, which I bought in 1987 as a rolling shell. I built the car with a healthy 455 Olds, turbo 400, narrowed Dana 60, roll cage, etc. I sold it in 2002 to a guy in Canyon Country, Cal. Bob

Attached Files:

23. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

heres mine so far,, replaced the floors ,cut the firewall ,speedway axle kit..whats the norm for rear axle width when cutting fenders and using 8-10'wheels.

24. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

forgot to load the pics

Attached Files:

25. The never starting project!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. kidd65

kidd65

[​IMG]Here's my '52. Henry J body is sitting on a '78 Corvette chassis that was stretched 4" and eng/trans moved forward 11".

27. spiders web

spiders web

I have one I'm not going to have time for. Someone will need it and its in better shape than henrys57bbwagon.

28. hardysmodela

hardysmodela
    from colorado

henry j 12.png

henry j 5.png

henry j 4.png

henry j 9.png

henry j 7.png Working on mine, Replaced floors and rockers used a wheelbarrow for firewall its comming out good. Has narrowed 8.75 rearend 4 link custom frame. Hard to find time still kicking around engine.

29. modelamac

modelamac

Wellll.... Like a dumb ass I sold my maroon '51 a few months ago, that's in an earlier post here!

I've been putting up with crap from my wife ever since LOL!

Went up to Des Monies GG and met a really nice man with a poster on his handicap scooter with a for sale sign and a picture.... Well one thing leads to another, I opened my mouth, had my wife make a low offer to the man for the car thinking I'd be safe.... and BAM, I'm in the Henry J business again!!!!

Oh well things could be worse...

OH!!! I would really like to see some more detail photos of the car Marty Strode posted!!!

That car is Bitchin'! and would be perfect for the wife!!!

Attached Files:

30. CalGasser

CalGasser

A couple more.

Attached Files: