Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let's see your garage!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JamesG, Feb 2, 2007.

1. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Looking at the garages makes me feel inferior about the size of my...............garage.

2. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

Here is what we do in my garage...and what it looks like after:D[​IMG][​IMG]

3. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

Do the mags mean Im a gold chainer?[​IMG]

4. Here are pics of my garages....I am pretty lucky. The first garage is the one where I do my work. It was here when I bought the place. The guy before me used to forge gun parts in it, and had livestock in the back part. I changed the roof and added some space to make it square. The next building is my pole barn, or my musuem, or where I keep all my shit.....was 40x 80 now it is 52 x 8 and still not big enough! The little building is the family barn! Doesnt seem fair:D , The red building is in my neighbors back yard, except they sold it to me (yard and barn) so now I am in the process of fixing it and adding on to it. This pic is when the new roof and extension were added......you can never have enough garage space! I still have shit in the yard.....

Attached Files:

5. Lucky77

Lucky77

Here's mine with a few of the projects.

Attached Files:

6. CSU55Chevy

CSU55Chevy
    from Olathe, CO

Just finished it up this summer, oh, and by the way, a 40x80 steel building was never intended to be built by 2 guys. Right now it has a house full of logs in it, and the south 20x40 is a framed, insulated, and drywalled woodshop with a full floor of storage above it. so it kinda hampers my work space;) . Oh, and my bro and i shoot our bows in there too, cause its cold outside!

000_0046h.jpg

7. toolow4i75

toolow4i75

I just love that carraige house, does it have a wood floor? It appears to. I have always wanted to live in the upstairs portion of something like that, all Krass n Bernie style but bigger and neater.

8. I posted a pic and a story of my garage in another thread a while ago, but here it is again, and the story:
    Basically, I have a neighbor who used to be a logger back in the 50s. Him and his brother came to our house and cut down 2 huge trees that we wanted gone anyway, along with about a half dozen others that were way in the back of our property. They cut 'em down, cut them to length, dragged them out of the woods with their tractors, and brought a portable sawmill to our house to saw everything up for lumber. We had enough lumber for the garage plus way more extra. Every stick of wood in this thing came from our backyard. Cost? $1028. No shit. Not including the concrete pad, which we boxed out ourselves and just called the concrete trucks in to pour, that was $922 total. As you can see in the picture, I'm not done yet, but it's a good start. I have all the boards for the siding, they're from the trees, too. Found an ad for metal roofing panels in the local classifieds, paid $250 for all of it, enough to do the whole thing. Got a pair of 10x10 garage doors for 40 bucks, an 8x8 garage door for the workshop for free on Craigslist, and a pair of steel entry doors for the workshop from the Habitat For Humanity store, $25 for the pair with the frame. Only thing I had to buy new from the store is 150lbs of nails, about 90 bucks. Did this all by myself with some help here and there by a couple friends and my girlfriend. It's 24x40 for the main part, with a 24x20 attached workshop.

Attached Files:

9. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Don ur the king of lowbuck! I have trees them boys could cut and saw but my city neighbors would shit at the sound of a rolling saw mill in my yard!

10. Haha, I BETTER be the king of lowbuck, I can't afford to be anything else! You should see the dump I live in, makes the garage look like a fucking palace! Come to think of it, once it's done, I'll prolly end up living in the garage...

11. Here was my old garage. Then I moved to Maine and my house didn't have a garage, but I found this building to use as a garage only 200 steps from my house and bought it. It used to be a VW repair shop and these are some older photos when it was used for that. The guy I bought it from added new electrical outlets every few feet, because he was planning to open a pool hall Arcade, that went bust. It now has vinyl siding and looks much better, plus I got a pool table in the deal. I'm still moving in and setting it up. There's plenty of room to accumulate some stuff!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]