Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let's see your garage!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JamesG, Feb 2, 2007.

1. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

My additions are done and consist of FOUR 10 x 20 enclosed canopies from Costco.

Attached Files:

2. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Damn kiwi.. cool place. great jacket collection (again, I would be worried about all the dust and other crap flying around getting on them)

What the story on the 2 dr wagon conversion. As a longroof guy I have to ask..

3. Roadsir

Roadsir

Here's mine... Only 24' X 28'. Daily drivers sit outside (always). That can be a problem on day like today (12 below at 10:30 am). I haven't been out to try starting them yet!

Wife has patient for 15 years of this....Time to move to another house with more garage or do a major renovation to the existing house.

Attached Files:

4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I feel for you man it should be 68 degrees and sunny here today. Awesome garage.

5. primopro

primopro
    from Corona, CA

Im still moochin off the parentals but heres my half, the other half is occupied by my dads 70 el camino
    [​IMG]

6. My little 1 car garage under my bedroom. A place for everything and everything in it's place. It's mandatory to have enough room to work.

Attached Files:

7. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

God help me I need more room I am cramped in here.

Attached Files:

8. INXS

INXS

Here's some of my mess

9. INXS

INXS

A few more

10. INXS

INXS

What the hell, it's too cold to work today so here's a couple more

11. Hip

Hip

Ok , this is what not to let your garage turn into!!!:eek:
    I am happy to say that since this pic was taken, i can freely
    move between vehicles (sideways), because i blew the back wall
    into the house out and took over the bathroom, a downstairs room and the living room! Oh sorry that parts just an evil dream of mine.:rolleyes::D. Nice garages guys. Heres my monstrosity
    [​IMG]

12. Boones........I guess I just don't care too much about dust. I used to keep some stuff in boxes, closets etc but then I realized I wasn't enjoying it that way. The 2dr wagon conversion...... I'm doing this for a friend in trade for a paint job on my daughters Comet.It was a 4dr and I'm using doors, part of the 1/4 panels and the drip rail section from a Chevelle to turn it into a 2dr hardtop wagon. A few years ago I did a 67? Ford wagon for him using doors and 1/4 panel sections from a Ranchero.

Rollie....... that picture is a classic. I see a few garages like that every now and then and realize there are much worse pack rats than me!

Hot rod freak...Man I love that picture, my vote for the 2008 H.A.M.B. calender!

RoyalShifter.........Got that 6x6 spot taken care of, thanks for the heads up. When are you gonna get a camera? I just know you have a mini Garlits Museum back there! PM me some pics if you don't want the whole world to see.

CBB....You are welcome to stop by any time you are up this way. I'll PM you my Ph #.

I don't take this garage shit for granted, I built my 56 Chevy with no garage, I remember muscling a Dana 60 rearend into that thing by myself on a gravel driveway. Also had no garage when I built my Willys. Used to tow it all over town to work on it and have to borrow tools, cherry pickers etc so it took a long time but after alot of scrounging, yard sales and swapmeets I finally have enough stuff out back to play hot rods! Can't wait to retire, oh yeah, 2 daughters heading off to college, never mind.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Rem

Rem

14. Here are a few of mine. The two stalls on the left are for the daily drivers and is unfinished and the 3.5 on the right are finished and heated and where I tear stuff apart.

Attached Files:

15. 54BelairGasser.........I'm very lucky with my neighbors. On one side I don't have any, just an alley so that makes unloading cars etc easy without bothering anybody. On the other side I have a 91 year old lady and her elderly daughter so I keep them happy by doing their handyman stuff. I hope when they are gone the new neighbor will be OK. The guy behind me is cool also. The noisiest thing I do is grinding but I don't do it late at night. Been here about 15 years or so with no
    complaints yet....knock on wood!

16. Here's my garage. I do most of my work in the driveway because it's usually too crowded in the garage. This is the cleanest it's looked in a long time. I had to clear a path to roll the '32 pickup out to get an engine block out from behind it yesterday.

Attached Files:

17. I built this last spring.

Now it is completely full of projects....

24x48, the largest structure the city would allow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. jcruz

jcruz
    from Austin, Tx

19. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

a couple years ago, out of the 7 pictured only one vehicle remains

[​IMG]

before that it was a one car:
    [​IMG]]

20. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Here's my garage. It's a little bigger than the pics show. Fits 4 complete cars, a model a body, 4 stingray bikes, a few motors...

Attached Files:

21. Here are a few pics of my 30' x 45' garage. The Hot Rod Grille. It's the culmination of 30 years of collecting, 10 years of planning and 1 year of actual construction.

Jim Winter
    The Hot Rod Grille Garage

Attached Files:

22. unclescooby - Yeah, it is peaceful. This is my third and final home so I wanted to build my dream garage. I have a little breathing room now. I hope to have it feeling "lived in" by the end of this year...:D

Attached Files:

23. sciflyer72 - The concrete guys spent a lot of time on the floor. It turned out nice. I coated it with concrete sealer. It looked nice and it kept the floor from curing too quickly, but it is starting to show signs that it may peel. If I had it to do over again, I would have used epoxy.......

Attached Files:

24. old beet

old beet

Wish I had a garage!!!!!!!........OLDBEET

25. Me too.
    Gotta force myself to get working on the car most of the time....
    ..Next place I buy will fit 4 cars or else....!

Maiki

Attached Files:

26. 35 Woodie

35 Woodie

Here's my woodie in its 1935 Carriage House, still has the horse stalls in the back. The second photo is my woodie and my buddies '36 covertible sedan in front of the carriage house. And the third photo is my buddies airplane hangar. Lot's of Fords and even a Chevy and a Plymoouth in there. The back row has a Model T, a Model A roadster and a -38 Ford V-8 60! I'm assembling the parts for a nailhead powered deuce hiboy which should commence in the carriage house later this year.:D

Attached Files:

27. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger
    from Indiana

Congrats to the wife on the house and to you on the garage! I'm having trouble downloading pics, not a computer guy. Just wanted to let you know that you don't have to have a big shop to build your car! I have a 22' X 22' attached garage in a neighborhood. My wife's mustang is parked on one side, covered. My project in on the other. Lots of shelving up high for storage. I have a shed for the big parts. You just have to git a little creative. Both of our drivers sit outside. Just rember to respect the neighbors, don't grind, hammer ect. too late at night. They can make it miserable for you if you make it miserable for them. Good luck and have fun.

28. Kuzze

Kuzze

29. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger
    from Indiana

Here are my pictures. Garage is in background. Thanks.

Attached Files:

30. eltiberius

eltiberius

No collector? If you aren't a collector, then you need to drop some of that excess over to my garage. And I know you've collected some green beer vouchers (now to be referred to as college education vouchers), from me before. If I could figure out how to post photos here I'd show my garage off. You should post some of Larry's other rides here too. Let everyone else scratch their heads in wonder...