Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Lets see your Chevy's of the 30s

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by themoose, Jan 16, 2021.

1. loudbang

loudbang

Nice a FORD in a Chevy for a change :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

2. Now I'm confused:eek::D

chriseakin and Woogeroo like this.
  3. 1940rpu

1940rpu

Here's my '37 sedan. I got it on the road 25 years ago to haul the three kids around and it has been great transportation ever since. The trailer was added two years ago and the wife and I have used it for camping several times, all in Michigan. May do a long haul trip with the car and camper in the next couple years. It is a great highway car. IMG_3340.jpeg

4. That's a great looking car and what makes it even better is that it gets used!! Thumbs_Up_Sign_Emoji_Icon_ios10_grande.png

nunattax, loudbang and TFoch like this.
  5. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

I've always shied away from Chevy's for fear of the wood, hearing so many horror stories about them. Maybe I shouldn't be so scared?

themoose and loudbang like this.
  6. Rckt98

Rckt98

7. @Rckt98
    That's a great looking 39. I always thought the styling of the 37, 38 and 39 set the trend in those years like the tri fives did in Chevy's later years.

Hnstray, loudbang and TFoch like this.
  8. keith27T and loudbang like this.
  9. Car show i went to, two years ago, there was a guy with restored 38 chevy 20190921_085357.jpg

Attached Files:

Okie Pete, chriseakin, Lil32 and 10 others like this.
  10. RatPwrd

RatPwrd
    1. 37-38 Chevys

14303.jpeg 14304.jpeg
    I just bought this recently, was sitting indoors since it was parked in the early 70s. Has an Olds/Pontiac rearend, and cool old traction bars. It is very complete, rust and damage free, other than some damage to the tail pan, and dash was cut a little for Stewart Warner gauges. Going to build a tribute 60s style Hot Rod/Gasser similar to the one my Dad had in the late 60s, the one in my profile pic!! That is me June of 69 leaning against Dads 1969-6 BRYON  and the 37 CHEVY COUP.rescan-crop.a .jpg

11. My first old chevy was a 36 coupe , oldsmobile rear end and 394 oldsmobile motor . Was a drag car out of Saskatchen . Yours sure brings back some memories .

loudbang and themoose like this.
  12. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

13. Here’s my 38 project. IMG_0125.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

14. inthweedz

inthweedz

RANDOM CHET 3 026.JPG RANDOM CHET 3 027.JPG My 39 was originally a dirt track racer before I bought it back in 1998, I had to rebuild the front guards as they were cut back real bad, hence the different shape to the curve (it is 1/2'' conduit pipe welded in).. I fitted a 350/T350, 9'' diff.. Sold it in 2006

15. Rckt98

Rckt98

Where did that coupe end up? I don't think I have seen it around.

loudbang likes this.
  16. 769 (2).jpg
    '35 Standard two-door back in '69... only Chevrolet I ever owned.

17. inthweedz

inthweedz

Hi Rckt98..
    I sold it to a guy named Owen, from memory he was from Morrinsville.. He rebuilt it , painted it a light purple/bluish body, with silver guards.. He had a large mural airbrushed on the boot/trunk lid (covered the whole boot lid)..

Found a pic of it on Facebook, Yankee Haulers , their main pic on FB, it's in the middle of their club cars..

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    loudbang likes this.
  18. Rckt98

Rckt98

I will check out their FB page. Cheers.

loudbang likes this.
  19. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

20. BassJay

BassJay

21. I always like the look of moons!

loudbang and BassJay like this.
  22. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I reposted for an ‘encore’ since I added a couple pics.....;)

What doesn’t show is the upgrade with new TCI rear suspension leaf springs, hangers and shackles, tube shocks, 8.8 Ford rear axle. The engine is ready ...a freshly warmed up 250 Chevy which will be paired with a newly rebuilt TH2004R. Also have installed a new stock fuel tank and fuel lines......much more to come

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    Dan Hay, i.rant, Budget36 and 4 others like this.
  23. mlagusis

mlagusis

Here is my work in progress 31 2 door sedan. I will start a build thread soon (been saying that for a year now). Right now I am focusing on my son's 50 Chevy in the background.

The 31 has a 283, 3 speed OD, 12 bolt rear. Running 6 lug 16" steel wheels all around. 1950's truck front end which will be dropped. I am planning on running fenders. The body is currently setting on the frame. I am going to build a new steel structure for the body which will be channeled the depth of the frame. Lots of work to do.

Attached Files:

24. @mlagusis Looks like a great project. I'm looking froward to your built thread.

loudbang likes this.
  25. mlagusis

mlagusis

Thanks @themoose

loudbang likes this.
  26. Rockchip

Rockchip

Coming up on fifty years with this one thirty-eight.jpg

27. Just an interesting story I thought would be fun to share with you guys. I sold the 39 hemi powered five window that I talked about at the start of thread to my cousin to make room for another build in as I remember 1970. He kept it for a few years and then he sold it and I lost track of it and often wondered what happened to it. About three years ago while attending a show in a nearby town I noticed a 39 Chevy coupe and even though it looked to be in rough shape I wondered over to take a look at it. I did a quick walk around and took a look in the drivers window and saw something that really caught my attention. When I built my 39 I modified the dash to accommodate some SW gauges and to make it look clean I filled in the glove box and made a couple of other subtle changes. To my surprise this car had exactly the same dash. That prompted me to take a closer look to see if any of the other mods I had made were there.
    When I got the car it had some pretty extensive damage to one of the front fenders and while looking for a replacement I found that fiberglass fenders where available so I ordered a pare from the local speed shop called The Motor Clinic in a nearby town and installed them on the Chevy. Sure enough there they were on this coupe. There was no doubt that this was my long lost 39. I waited as long as I could to try to talk to the owner but they never appeared and I had to leave to take care of some other business. I have never seen the car again but maybe it will pop back up when I least expect it. I did manage to take a picture of it and as you can see the old girl did not weather well but at least it still sees the light of day.

My old 39.jpg

28. TCATTC

TCATTC

29. Lil32

Lil32

Mine
    Chev in a Chev

IMG_1539.JPG

30. @raymay No wonder early Chevys were somewhat hard to find...You owned them all:D

nunattax, Woogeroo, Rckt98 and 4 others like this.