Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs let's see your 46-48 ford sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by glendale, Sep 30, 2014.

1. yes I searched I could not find a 46-48 specific thread. so let's see what you guys have?

2. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Can't share a pic, (still can't 'up' load to this site! Frustratin'!)
    But I'd like to share some pics of my '47 4 door (NO RUST) that my lifelong friend Marc gave me.
    He insisted I needed another '46-'48, as I had 3 0f 'em in the past...('46 Tudor, '46 Super Deluxe Club Coupe, '46 Merc convert)
    Marc gave me the Chassis Eng. kit for the rear, and an 'In da dirt' kit for the front...Would make a neat lo-rake street baddy w/454, but I decided to just clean it up nicely, repaint the original color...black...
    and drop conservatively, (more in back) and make a pair of steel flare skirts (like the Foxcraft).
    I want the 'mild custom' look, like the hot rod guys did when these cars were nearly new, a Hot Rod Mag article might have captioned it like this:
    "The 5-year-old family car got a new white interior, rolls & pleats with dark red piping. Car is lowered 3" in front, 5" in rear. Twin pipes exit below stock bumper. Flare skirts hide rear hubcaps, fronts are Cad sombreros. All chrome trim was retained, Appleton spotlights added..."
    I know there are some other '46-'48 sedans being done, so c'mon, guys. Love those C-Dans!

3. Danekejt

Danekejt
    from Pa

47 interior.JPG 47 and 57 010.jpg 47 interior dash.JPG Here are some pics of my 47 super delux.

4. DrivenDead

DrivenDead

My 48, and my plans

Attached Files:

5. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

Here's mine. Sort of heading in the same direction as Koolkemp but without the chop. Making a 48 short door out of the two. Looking for some 46 mercury taillights and a trunk lid. Thanks for looking. BART.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016