Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Let's see those multi carb linkages

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by pearl31, Nov 24, 2013.

1. pearl31

pearl31

I am amazed at the cleaver engineering that is put into carb linkages from good old home folk. I need some ideas for a two carb set up on my 235.

2. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I built some for a pair of BXOV-2s on an Edmunds

as shown HERE

3. When I built my midget the Daimler V8 engine came fitted with 8 Mikuni motor bike carbs. These were originally operated by cable from on top of each bank of four to a single arm on each bank. This motor was fitted to a Model A in this configuration. When fitted to the midget the cable arrangement could not be maintained so I opted for a direct linkage and no cables.
    The pictures below show the "gear box" I made to create a symetrical arrangement so each of the rods push from below at the same rate.
    The longer shaft goes through the engine plate/firewall on the back of the block and rests on a brass bush. On the end is an arm that connects via a bellcrank to the foot pedal below. Works a treat and no binding whatsoever.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]