Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets See Those Hudsons!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DtroitDinosaur, Oct 12, 2007.

1. DtroitDinosaur

DtroitDinosaur

I'm a big fan of the "Step-Down" Hudson.
    Also dig the grills on those late 30s models.
    Dont see many around. Especially customs.
    Anyone?
    Hudsons?
    Anyone?

39hudrat likes this.
  2. hotoldhud

hotoldhud
    from Wisconsin

Hi, new guy here, first post, been lurking for a while collecting ideas. This is my long term project, it's a 1937 Hudson. I have a 67 mopar 318 from the only car my dad ever purchased new, and a 64 cast iron 4 speed to go in it. I want it to look like an old gasser, but lower.

Attached Files:

39hudrat likes this.
  3. Neophyte

Neophyte

Here's a 38 Terraplane coupe of a fellow club member (please look past the wheels):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Hudsons are gay.

[​IMG]

triman62, 39hudrat and bct like this.

5. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

I agree 100%

[​IMG]

6. I have a '49 coupe that would be ideal for a pro-street type build. That, a '48 sedan and a '42 coupe and I have like $1200 invested in the three.

Done cars are around, you just have to know where to look.

7. So I looked past the wheels and what do I see? a Healy. both are probably traditional in South Africa haha! Jim

8. 27Tudor

27Tudor

Here's a pickup.

Attached Files:

9. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

How could you name such a gay car 'the panty dropper'? I love that car!! i am glad you stuck with it and saw that through

10. hotrodbrad

hotrodbrad

hudsons are the sheeit my granny went draggin down chester ave in bakersfield in her parents' brand new one...vapor locked it, thought she broke it, scared the shit out of her

11. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA

kiwijeff likes this.
  12. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Hudson Joe is a great friend of ours (Shifters) and has a 49 full kustom. The engine is a twin carbed bored, stroked, and balanced hudson that screams.
    He worked for well known Hudson restorer Bill Albright for years, and knows these things inside and out.
    Joe, I know you're lurking around here. Jump aboard and post some pictures of your car & the engine !
    later

13. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

Vapor lock the silent killer!

14. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

They're happily gay.

Attached Files:

15. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

My current 37 Terraplane pictures. I was at a cruise night tonight and there was another 37 Terraplane there. How offen does that happen?

Attached Files:

39hudrat likes this.
  16. my shitbox. had a crook falcon 6 in it, have a 308 block on the stand right now awaiting some goodies like bigger pistons, cam, and valves. ive got a mallory dual point diz and a couple of other goodies to go, plus a few more to collect. one of these days ill take the car up to the factory to really get stuck into it.

Attached Files:

17. Harms Way

Harms Way

You asked for it !,...

The year was 1978, my buddy Mark and I accidentally both sold our cars on the same day!:eek:,..... nothing to Drive to the Nationals in St Paul in only like 35 days,.... only thing we could find was this 37 Hudson Terraplane ,.. so we bust butt for the next month, chevy straight 6, auto trans, 8"ford, Chrysler wires, ugly brown paint & cheap carpet (whatever was laying around, cheap or free)... it's maiden voyage was from Dearborn Hts. Mi to St Paul Mn.
    Had a couple road side repairs, But she made it there and back, it was sold to a guy in Ypsi Mi. in 79,.... wonder what ever happened to it?

Attached Files:

18. Big Dad

Big Dad

stupid grandpa car

19. hudsonjoe49

hudsonjoe49

Here is my 1949 Hudson
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. DtroitDinosaur

DtroitDinosaur

Hey Harms Way did you sell that car to a guy named Jack Miller in Yipsi?
    He used to run that Hudson dealership downtown.
    I bought my 52 Hornet from him.

21. Harms Way

Harms Way

I don't think so,... it was some guy that use to buy and sell a little,.. I think we got a 1955 Chevy truck and some cash for it,... I sure would like to know what ever happed to old "Double Ugly" as we use to call it.:D

22. dehudso

dehudso

They don't even go fast.

[​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  23. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

here ya go...

Attached Files:

24. Grease Rod

Grease Rod
    from Burbank

God I want one...

25. stevilknievel

stevilknievel

Here's mine... 1941 Hudson. It has a 351W w/c4. It will be coming apart later today... rear main was leaking... so its an excess to rebuilding a 361 w/ 727 pushbutton... putting a STR-15 on top... before the long the steering will be modified and the car dropped another 2 inches.

Attached Files:

26. JohnnyAngel

JohnnyAngel
    from Missouri

Shot these two Hudsons in Holland MI back in 1992 at the KKOA spectacular.
    As I recall the black one later had some neat graphics and was featured in several mags.

Attached Files:

27. Hudsonator

Hudsonator
    from Tennessee

I am lovin' this thread. The dirt track car is fantastic!

I initially was only interested in the Hudson engine, then discovered they came in some nice packages.

The engine currently tucked inside my '49 Super Six Coupe. Its hooked to a standard 3 speed and a 3.07 ratio Hydramatic rearend, I have yet to find a hill I can't climb in high gear - gaining speed.
    [​IMG]

The '49. I struggle with whether to paint it or not. I keep wishing the paint could talk.
    [​IMG]

Future plans are to put a McCulloch on the '49 and have the supercharger fully operational by next spring.
    [​IMG]

Also, I have a stroker engine in the works - that I need to get finished, but haven't found the right car to inspire me.
    [​IMG]

Daily Driver, the '53 Super Wasp Coupe. My youngest daughter loves to go "Wasperin" - so do I.
    [​IMG]

Hud

28. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Hudsonator, Nice stuff man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe, Give our readers some details about your engine !

29. mark, you will notice the balance tube i mentioned, on joe's 49 with a twin h manifold. it crosses the heat riser. curiously, the 55/56 twin h doesnt have them. i bet its due to a lack of space in the nash body

30. bonesy

bonesy

Hudsonator - there is no way I would paint that black coupe. I would drop in that killer supercharged drive train, drop it, and run it. Too cool.