Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods lets see some two door wagons.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

2. cavman

cavman

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. Silva

Silva

5. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Cant help but share if I run across an exceptionally cool one;)[​IMG]

6. Silva

Silva

lowtech_woltinger_56nomad_05.jpg
    56 Nomad... From Low Tech blog

57 Chevy Wagon 150 copy.jpg
    57 Handyman... From Stylish Kustoms

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  7. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Great thread, keep em coming!

Deuces likes this.
  8. Silva

Silva

Clean 55 Nomad... 55onbuickwires.jpg

9. threewindaguy

threewindaguy

img074 2.jpg Here's mine, taken in 1967. Had a '66 427" in it. I'm loosely duplicating it right now.

10. Please update pics...looks like a killer car

Deuces likes this.
  11. '34 Terraplane

'34 Terraplane
    from Western PA

...anybody got one of these they want to sell for $143,000 !! OMG !!
    thumbnail.jpg

Deuces likes this.
  12. earlymopar

earlymopar

13. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I knew there was a reason I was wishing I had kept mine.

If Imade a list of all my previous cars, closed my eyes and pointed at one it wouldn't be wrong.
    I think if I based it on a semi-rare or collectible car I might pick the 64 Chevelle model 300 two door station wagon I owned in the early 70's.
    Was just out of high school so didn't know a lot yet but I do know that I hated the 425 Olds engine that the previous owner put in it, other than that it was a really nice one, had a Muncie 4 speed and a real low geared 12 bolt.

From here:
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...back-a-car-you-sold-what-would-it-be.1134317/
    See my post #15

Deuces and '34 Terraplane like this.
  14. Dominick Hide

Dominick Hide

15. I'm looking for a 1961 Ford Ranch Wagon in driving condition. Love those two door wagons!!!

low budget and Deuces like this.
  16. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

17. jnaki

jnaki

posted earlier in the year
    upload_2020-10-3_5-40-19.png
    Hello,

In March of this year, we were on a hunt for some landscaping boulders and steps. In the industrial area of San Juan Capistrano, there is a row of companies that offer everything from car repair, school district warehouses, glass enclosures, granite slabs, boulders, silk screening companies, video transfers/editing, and surf clothing. There was once a famous, race car piston/connecting rod company, Carillo Rods, on this street for many years before moving to Irvine.

“The name Carrillo. Carrillo Industries—celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2013—is known as the connecting-rod company. It is still one of the largest piston-and-connecting-rod manufacturers in the aftermarket and recognized worldwide for advances in piston and H-beam connecting-rod applications. Like many of today’s largest aftermarket companies, Carrillo was founded in the earliest days of hot rodding. Fred is one of the few who still remember hot rodding’s early days of sun, sweat, and salt.”

But, this 56 Chevy 2 door wagon can be seen cruising to and from this area at any time. It stands out from a long way away because it is a 56 Chevy, but the color combination also helps. So, since the Carillo Rods Company moved away years ago, the owner must work for one of those other businesses on this long street. The surf industry companies have a lot of exposure all along this corridor.

Jnaki
    upload_2020-10-3_5-41-18.png

Who owns this 56 station wagon? Probably some guy/girl that works at the local, surf oriented warehouse for one of the big names in the So Cal surf scene. This area is packed with those name brands. It would fit perfectly in our small, two car garage, that is for sure. Christmas trees would fit perfectly on top, being protected of course. It is too pristine to let a tree scratch that large surface, but, seeing it on the road several times near the beach, it must be a daily driver.

My wife would approve if I rolled into our garage driveway with this cool station wagon. At least her succulent plants and flowers would easily fit in the back, on a tarp... When picking up our granddaughter from her ballet group practices, among all of the huge SUVs, it certainly would be a contrast in styles and looks. Old vs. New..."Let the good times, roll..."

Who owns this 56 station wagon? Probably some guy/girl that works at the local, surf oriented warehouse for one of the big names in the So Cal surf scene.

Hello,

Recently, an article ran in the local Google search under the San Clemente Times Newspaper. It told of a retired firefighter that now shapes custom balsa surfboards. From someone who has tried shaping foam and balsa shapes, it is not as simple as running the shaping tool over the surfaces to create a board. Many different touches are required to make sure the board rides well.

One time, in my 20s, I started with an 8 foot foam blank and by the time I was finished, it was a 6’2” surfboard that look great, but was too small and thin for me. It even had a tunnel chamber just before the fins on the bottom. I gave it to a local kid and he glassed it and rode it quite well. It must have been the correct size and thickness.

The balsa wood episode was hilarious. It was a damaged, dinged up, cracked almost in half, board. I stripped off all of the remaining fiberglass and had a nice dinged up balsa core. Now, at the time, friends were experimenting with concave bottoms and hard rails. The concave created a speed effect on the riding ability and the hard edges allow sharper turns, without cutting into the wave surface, so as to make the board dig too much into the surface. The finished shape was looking rather nice, but my brother thought it was too radical for anyone. Boards at the time had smooth rounded rails for a good transition from turning to down the line nose riding.

Jnaki

My board was not the normal v shape at the single fin, so it was not well liked by those that saw it. It was not worth the effort to glass it, so my first and last balsa creation bit the dust.

But, one look of these quality balsawood surfboards from the ex-So Cal firefighter, you may want to mount it on a wall, instead of riding it on the So Cal waves. Talk about coffee table books as being cool, this balsawood surfboard would make a great display or table.

The 1956 2 door post wagon belongs to this ex-firefighter and now custom surfboard shaper. What a combo.
    upload_2022-11-26_18-5-35.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    LOU WELLS likes this.
  18. Deuces

Deuces

Hope this counts.... I love this thing!.... :) 53.jpg

19. Chuck Craig

Chuck Craig
    from Ocala FL

A friend that lives in TN. Nice Safari.

Attached Files:

20. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Always A Trim Looking Favorite And Available With A Four Speed... 12-1529674152880@2x.jpg

Dick Stevens, jnaki and 6inarow like this.