Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let's see some real world budget rods(under6k)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tudorkeith, Jan 12, 2010.

1. MrModelT

MrModelT

Oh, I know....I'm used to that by now. I will always be the "kid" lol!

I will do that, been meaning to update my thread anyway...just had not gotten to it yet. I have been busy...good stuff to share!

2. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

well if you like the purple.....:rolleyes:

3. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Poor International....it deserves better than this . [​IMG]

4. MrModelT

MrModelT

Trad27,

Very nice lookin' T! Nice profile and stance. You gonna run the tutledeck?...would look great. Keep up the great work!

5. banditomerc

banditomerc

here is a picture of what i started with...paid 850.00 for car,parts and supplies 900.00 , And it helps if you can do most of the work:D and the last 2 is where i am at now.

Attached Files:

6. trad27

trad27

Thanks alot, I wish I would have used a less arced spring and less of a Z so I could use a turtle deck. but I am learning as I go and its only metal so nothing is keeping me from changing it later. It is a long term project but I hope to have it painted and with a turtle deck and hood in a couple years or so.

7. This was built for less than NZ$5,000 (US$3,500)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. BabbitBeater

BabbitBeater
    from Colorado

And $10 million worth of ear to ear grins. Its almost criminal how much fun/profit you made off this one. It looks badass sittin still, but its poetry written by God himself goin through that mud.

9. BabbitBeater

BabbitBeater
    from Colorado

I vote "no". It already has a beautiful paint job.

10. MrModelT

MrModelT

I did a lot of "learning" myself on my T, so I know what you mean...matter o' fact, I am now having to redo a lot of my "learning" that I was not happy with. I'm sure you could leave the frame/suspension alone and squeeze that tutledeck on around it no problem, they do have a lot of room! Keep us posted, I would like to see you progress as it comes together!

and remember, They are ALL longterm and they are NEVER done! :D

MrModelT

11. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

So how many of these were built in the driveway no garage? How about first timers? Cool rides by the way.

12. orange52

orange52

I picked my 54 Chevy up for $3500. I think even after new wide whites, seat belts, and a mild lowering it will still come in under $6k.

Attached Files:

13. snelson57

snelson57

I normally am not a fan or T's, but that little roadster rules!

14. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I can vouch for Jeff on this one. He pieced the car together with body parts from different cars,... it seems like there's a story behind most of the parts in/on his car.

VERY cool real world budget REAL Hot Rod. Jeff rules! :cool:

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g9bRdKiEIrk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g9bRdKiEIrk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Malcolm

15. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

If I remember correctly, I had about $4,800 in my '57 Ford. Purchased for $50 with a good matching Nebraska title in 1997. Built it into a good running/driving car with a 302/C4, did a little body work (was actually pretty solid), went through the brakes and fuel system, put the original seats out of my mom's first car ('66 Fairlane) in it. Drove it to college and for a couple years after. Sold in 2002.

[​IMG]

Malcolm

16. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

welll I have a 1 bay so it was half built in the driveway and is my first older car, done a muscle car and a mini truck in my uounger days

17. glassguy

glassguy

had to chuckle when i saw the 2 boxers! those imbesiles are all the same! awesome dogs!! i still have one too... great chop on that sled too btw.. dave

18. 40chevythrowensparks

40chevythrowensparks

im right under 3000 with this one but im driving it and enjoying it.... tell me what you guys think of my 10.00paint job
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Probably have less than 4 grand in my Chevelle...
    [​IMG]

And have less than 2 grand in the roaster so far....hope to have it done for under 6 grand and that includes the chrome front end.....well, i can always hope:(

[​IMG]

Louie

20. RichG

RichG

Far and away my favorite car on the Hamb!

I'd take that International in a heartbeat!

A little work, some planning, and you'd have this:
    [​IMG]

I think it's a reet little truckster myself :D

21. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Thanks Malcolm,
    It takes having good friends to build a hotrod and also building a hotrod helps make good friends.

I have to mention that on that FIRST road trip to Beatrice, I had under 3 grand in it. But it doesnt count, I had to borrow wheels and tires.

Good times.

Thanks for posting that video , I cant help watching it a few times....

I acant wait till the weather gets warmer..

Jeff

22. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

That 57 looked pretty good by the time you sold it. That was a neat car, seems you have had quite a few cool rides.

23. Have about $2500 into my truck so far including my HAMB plate. :)includes @500$ in CA DMV fees due to lack of P.O. non-op, new tires, 54 car hubcaps (front only) and some fresh door glass.

$700 purchase price, delivered. Thank you, Craigslist, and thank you HAMB alliance!

It was already hotrodded by someone in the late 80s early 90s - MII / 8.5 10 bolt / SBC / T350 / 12v electrical conversion. It had been sitting in back of a wood pile on someone's property nearby for years because reverse was out in the trans - the guy had another truck he could use so this one just sat. Whomever did the conversion work made it straight and solid. It drives very nicely, and I get so many positive comments from folks it's unreal.

I picked up a solid running 4bbl 283 for $100 and have sold a bunch of the spares that came with the truck for 50% of the purchase price. Still have some things left to sell, including the smooth running 305 that's still in it. I redid brake lines, fuel system, and fixed some electrical issues (primarily from sitting) myself. In fact, now that I think of it, no one else has touched it yet, except for my gal when she helped me bleed the brakes.

It's a little rusty around the cab, and I'll need to get the seat reupholstered soon. The body is very straight through and the paint is actually pretty good too, so it'll be worth patching up the small bits of rot. It still has no reverse (hah!), but I hate to stop driving it to pull the trans. I should probably just find another good T350(cheap!), bolt it to the 283 and swap it all at once...

I'm driving it daily and smiling all the way. My daughter and all the neighbor kids dig it too, so everyday is a little more fun thanks to my truck. See you on the road!

Attached Files:

24. Huckster59

Huckster59

[​IMG]1900.00 in this one

25. ShouldaWouldaCoulda

ShouldaWouldaCoulda

Nice to see that CAB work. That a two or four door your using? I like the extended cab idea your doing, should kick ass when all done.

26. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Like the scrap yard????

27. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Ok so my scanner broke but this is that damn International It was that or the crusher. I'm not sure what was worse

Attached Files:

28. BEAR

BEAR

this is really nice i like it alot

29. solid

solid

Heres a few no budget beaters. Both well under.

Attached Files: