Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Let's see some Packards!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gary Reynolds, Jul 3, 2014.

1. I've never seen a Packard I didn't like! Anybody running a Packard motor out there?
    Rodded, restored, let's see some Packards, possibly the finest American cars ever built!
    POST "EM, LET'S SEE SOME PACKARD IRON!!!!!!!

2. To get the ball rolling!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Ocean56

Ocean56
    from Michigan

packardinfo.com has TONS of cool pics, and they're very nice guys!

4. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I like these: '46-47 Clipper 2-door sedans. Much less common than 4-doors, unfortunately:
    47Packard9.00Hi.jpg
    I've always wanted one of these, to do as a mild custom driver. These, too, are really scarce now. '51-'52 cheapie 2-door sedan:
    51PV4.jpg

5. 50Fraud

50Fraud

This is a custom, scaled-down, aluminum-bodied Packard built by race driver Jean Trevoux to compete in the Mexican road race in 1953 and 1954. It used a 4-carburetor, hopped-up Packard straight-8 engine. There's been a thread about this car here on the HAMB; it may still exist in Mexico:
    TrevouxPackard2.jpg

6. 50Fraud

50Fraud

...And here's a custom-bodied V12 Packard boat-tailed speedster built for Packard executive Ed Macauley in 1933, called the "Brown Bomber". Sadly, after a couple of years, this car was rebodied with a much less attractive and completely different body:
    1933 Packard Brown Bomber S.jpg

chryslerfan55, kiwijeff and Stogy like this.
  7. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Packard engine

Attached Files:

8. I built this one 35 years ago. 359 straight 8 got 11mpg with 12 people in it!

Attached Files:

9. YEOW! That's purty!

What's it in?
    Any HP figures?
    MAN!

10. I have always loved John D Agostino's Caribbean John D Caribean.jpg

11. seldom scene

seldom scene

I had a 49 Packard in early 70's. First car i ever got out of a paint shop (sold many others in primer because somebody wanted to give me cash), I loved that car so did wife. We needed money so sold the Packard to a sailor and his massage parlor girlfriend for crazy (then !) money. They bought the car w/o pink slip that I couldn't find. That girl wanted that Packard, but got drunk and crashed it within a month. The towing company called me and said come get your Packard. My wife Quickly found the paperwork she had hidden to keep me from selling. I called the sailor to give him pink slip, she didn't want car anymore. I went to tow yard, pried crumpled fender away from tire and drove it home. I sold it again to a Packard guy, and bought a 46 Chrysler 3 window coupe and a 56 Olds with the proceeds. I love Packards.

12. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Here is a 1948 rag top I just photographed at the 2014 Custom Car Revival in Indianapolis
    [​IMG]

13. YEAH! That's what I'm talking about!
    Bring 'em on!

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  14. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

The injected engine is a 352 that i had in my Bonneville Vega. Went 155 mph. The Lathem blown engine belongs to Jack Vines (V8Packard on here) and I only know it's pretty.

15. I don't have a Packard, but I've been looking at a 52/53ish 327 thunderbolt straight 8 engine that a guy has (the whole car is there but the engine is what interests me) to use in my Pierce Arrow farmtruck creation.

I know, that paragraph came out pretty goddamn weird but it's what I had to throw in the Packard thread...

chryslerfan55 and osage orange like this.
  16. I drool over early to mid 30's Packards. The real big expensive ones, before they brought out the junior lines.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. rowdyauto

rowdyauto

Here's a 41 coupe that we did and sold. Cool little car. Currently working on a 40 sedan,never thought i would do a packard much less be on my second one.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      623.4 KB
      Views:
  18. packard.jpg
    Here is a custom one from another board

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  19. I'll probably get roasted for this, but here is mine. Take it to tractor shows. 1924, Single Six. Sounds terrific.
    Plow Day - MtVernon.jpg.jpg

20. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

OLDN_RUSTY : My kind of people!! It'd be even better if you also have a farm where the media could be invited to do a special about a "working Packard" Wouldn't that just 'tweak' the 'trailer-queen' crowd!

chryslerfan55, Stogy and oldn_rusty like this.
  21. PackardV8

PackardV8

Here's the Packard V8 in my '55 Stude pickup
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

jack vines

22. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did somebody say "Packard"? You'll see a theme of sorts with these:

33 1002 Conv Victoria
    [​IMG]