Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let's see some original paint!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lobsterboy X, Feb 19, 2007.

1. This is kinda half and half- lets see your cars with original paint still on em'. Also, im wondering what you guys do to keep a shine on your old paint, no one can tell me for sure. When it comes to detailing, im a total dunce and i need to be told exactly what to buy/how to apply to remove the oxidation without removing the paint, and to give it a shine that would last awhile. the show that i work on is going on a few month break so i have some time on my hands between school and the girlfriend to start making my cars nice again.

so lets begin

heres my baby

[​IMG]

lets seeee em!

2. Mine is so far gone that when it's polished it just hazes back over within an hour. That's OK though.

A finish like this is earned.

JH

Attached Files:

3. soberTOOLman

soberTOOLman

this was before she came home, but its the original paint

Attached Files:

4. Rolf

Rolf

Not as good as the picture makes it look, but it still passes as a 20 yarder...

[​IMG]

5. blktopbandit

blktopbandit

original paint on my wifes wagon.[​IMG]

6. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

7. Here is the original paint on my car.

I dont know if I should keep it or repaint it differently. What you guys think?

Attached Files:

• car.jpg
      car.jpg
      File size:
      37.4 KB
      Views:
  8. jonski und29

jonski und29

Me and my dad have several original paint cars (no pics at the moment) but one thing that works well is a blue wax called Zymol. I get it at wal-mart. Doesn't take hardly any paint off and shines it pretty good. Little pricey though...

9. Appleseed

Appleseed

Are you shitting me!?! Thats awsome.

10. mattrod68

mattrod68

heres mine, it is shiney on some parts and dull on others. is that wax zymol meant to be hand applied and hand buffed of with power.

tia matt

Attached Files:

11. rigid_bobber

rigid_bobber

Here's mine, it doesn't have a lot left but it is staying that way for awhile!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. The Catholic

The Catholic
    from Akron Ohio

hambf100.jpg Original paint 1959 f-100 on an original ohio truck to boot. A coarse compound was used to bring the shine, then a light polish to remove swirls. After that, I polish every month, and since its my daily summer/rain or shine driver I wax after a polish for pertection.

13. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Rigid....that looks tuff as is!...love the steelie/blackwall combo..a real boulivard briuser!

14. rigid_bobber

rigid_bobber

Yeah, it is a pretty cool car! I haven't had it long, and winter sucks, but Spring is comin.... now if I could just come up with some damn brakes for this pig!
    Joe