Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods lets see if anybody can ID these mags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zinky, Oct 11, 2020.

1. zinky

zinky

I picked up four of these a few years ago. Of course one was busted so I would like to find a fourth, but good luck considering I cant even identify them. They are one piece measure 14 x 6 on a 5 on 4.5 pattern . The caps said ET but I think those were just stuck on there as nothing on the rim itself says ET. Distinguishing marks are a stamp that says A14, a raised stamp that says OK T & R CO, and a sticker inside rim that says S 400. Spokes are round, no triangulation to them and also note there is no little bead on edge next to rubber. Just smooth. I have a theory about what they might be but lets see what you guys come up with.
    Zinky

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  2. 7E56556F-607A-446F-9FD7-4775F1AF13B3.gif

You need to pay attention to the small details, sometimes it’s the little things that stand out and give you answers.:D

3. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

Are they magnesium? Or aluminum? You said mags but not sure if you meant it literally. Not that I can answer the question or anything but that might help clarify for someone else.

4. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Look like Fenton Ram Rod wheels.
    OK T & R Co may be Otasco, which sold bikes, aftermarket wheels, lawn mowers and all kinds of things made by other manufacturers but with their name on it.

stillrunners likes this.

5. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

I agree with arkie on Fentons. This is from 1970 and advertises Western Auto as a retailer. In addition to Oklahoma Tire & Supply, there were also original OK Tire franchises that ran from 30s until they folded in the 70s.

004-4.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  6. Lil'Alb

Lil'Alb
    from brier, wa

I have a set of Ramrods and they are two piece marked ramrod on the back. Those are one piece it looks like?

Aren't the one piece Fenton's called Hustlers?

seb fontana likes this.
  7. OK Tire and Rubber Co. This has been discussed before in another thread like 5 years ago. Most likely cast as a private label deal. Many 5 spoke copies back in the day.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  8. Remind me of Keystones

9. zinky

zinky

they are definitely one piece alloy of some type. No steel and definitely not two piece. The ramrod ad said they had steel rim

10. bchctybob

bchctybob

With the smooth outer edge and the big rounded spokes they look like the ET wheels I had on my '33 5w back in '69-70. Maybe OK T&R made up some knock offs from ET wheels.

11. Deuces

Deuces

Appliance (sp?).....