Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Let's Help Out Da Boogieman

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OG lil E, Dec 19, 2018.

1. I usually don't post things like this, but this one is important to me and I'm sure many car people and radio listeners will think so too.

Da Boogieman was a fixture on Denver radio for many years until the "new radio world" forced him out. Tighter playlists, rigid stations and way too many commercials are the reason he decided to leave radio. He was Denver's answer to Wolfman Jack and he was very entertaining to listen to. I miss hearing him on the air regularly.

These days he's pretty much retired, but has been DJing cruise nights and car shows for quite sometime now. He also does webcasts every weekend. He has some free downloads to listen to on his website, as well as a few for sale. I purchased the ones he has for sale some time ago and I listen to them all the time. Great cruisin' music and laughs. If you like oldies, doo-wop and Wolfman Jack style radio, I highly recommend buying them.

Earlier this morning I got on his website to see when his yearly Christmas show is and I saw that he suffered a stroke in October. Bummed me out. I just saw him at the Frank's Pizza Car Show in August. Frank's Pizza is a small family run pizzeria that has been on Broadway since 1961. I used to work across the street from Frank's and got hooked on their pizza years ago. Every year I go to the Frank's show to support a local family owned business and to see the Boogieman.

Boogie at Frank's 2018.JPG

I sent Boogie an e-mail to see how he's feeling but he hasn't replied yet. I'm posting this here to let everyone know about Da Boogieman's health situation and to possibly help him out with his mounting hospital bills. He is well known in Denver and many other places I'm sure.

I'm including a link to his webpage. The Fund Me link is there, as well as all the links to his free internet radio shows and cheap downloads to purchase. I'm not on Facebook or any other social media site, so I thought I'd post it up here on the HAMB. It's a cooler place than any social media site anyway--right?

I hope you'll help if you can. Thanks for reading!

Get well, Boogie! E

https://www.myfavoriteoldies.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. I just found out that Mickey (Da Boogieman) has had limited use of his right side since the stroke. A few weeks ago he fell in his home and tore his left rotator cuff and will have to have surgery. The doctors can't fix his shoulder until his right side gets stronger, so he's going to be down for a while. Give if you can--he can really use the help! E