Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Let's have our own 87th anniversary event for the 36 ford...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hamtown Al, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Someone on the HAMB owned this one in the sixties, these pics were posted a few years back. God I LOVE this...
    Cars2.jpg Cars4.jpg

cretin, chriseakin, 36 ROKIT and 2 others like this.
  3. Retroline

Retroline

20160423_103852.jpg On again, off again, getting there slowly when funds are allowed

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

5. Beauties all. As I recall, the hemi powered 5 window was featured in a mag., possibly HRM, in the early 60s.

6. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Breakfast this morning:
    IMG_1333.JPG
    IMG_1334.JPG
    Look what else showed up!!!
    IMG_1336.JPG
    TWO genuine Duesys!! Best of all, they are driven! The owner cautioned me that gas mileage was a bit weak at 9 miles per gallon. I tried to get him to go with us to the LA Roadster Show. He said he thought the car would make it but we would have to have a tanker gas truck follow it!!

Anybody else have such company this morning? They're not 36 Fords but I hope nobody minds. The HAMB community is about flexibility and sharing.

7. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Friends from Canada that stop by when they are in the colonies... TATTERSFIELD 2015 003.JPG

8. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

FiveNrow1.jpg
    FiveNrow2.jpg
    FiveNrow3.JPG
    Great from any angle to me!!
    That's four convertible sedans and one phaeton.

9. Wow, Al, you're hangin' with some upscale folks.:D IMG_1336.JPG

10. ^^^^^I'll say; would definitely be an eye-opener so early in the morning!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

I had to add this picture that I found elsewhere on the HAMB chicks thread:
    2016 HAMB chicks  CNS4JrrWcAELa.jpg

Looks a lot like mine did before it got updated.
    I think she has driven that old Ford before!
    Dang! I don't see a wedding ring. Maybe it is hers... or her boyfriend's!!
    Neat picture, no matter what.

BTW, a friend of mine owns BOTH Duesys and I understand he and his helpers built both cars. I'm sure both took quite a while.
    Best of all, they are driven! He is just another car guy if you met him. He believes in having fun with your cars as much as anybody else and enjoys these two. They are presently building a 57 Chevy coupe that is wicked!
    We never know what he'll bring to breakfast but it is usually interesting.

12. chopper99

chopper99
    Member Emeritus

13. threewindow

threewindow

I have always been a 36 ford fan. I have three of them . A roadster, A threewindow, And a fivewindow. I will try to post some pictures. They are all in my file on this site.

i.rant and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

15. .....................Waiting patiently.......with all due respect to Larry.:D;)

36 ROKIT likes this.
  16. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

^^^I was thinking the SAME thing, Don!

He's further west... maybe it takes longer.:D

17. threewindow

threewindow

36 five window 058.JPG 36 five window 063.JPG 36 five window 086.JPG 36 five window 084.JPG 36 ford 2016 003.JPG 36 ford 2016 001.JPG 36 five window 058.JPG Here are pictures of my three 36's.

18. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

image.jpeg
    Can I join the party? My 35 that is making the transformation slowly to the right year.

19. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

threewindow, it was worth the wait!!!;)
    All of them look great!
    Thanks for taking time to find them and share them.:)

32coop, welcome aboard!! Now that I think about it, I think my first 36 was a 35 that got updated like many got updated many years ago.;)

lothiandon1940 and 32coop like this.
  20. CMFT

CMFT

image.jpeg My first '36

chriseakin, 36 ROKIT and Hamtown Al like this.
  21. fhuket

fhuket

Done the 50 Year deal in 86'.
    Here is a picture of me and my old Boss and work mates in 1986 I think.
    I was 17 or 18 at the time and My boss had this 36 V8 for a while.
    They were sold here in NZ new but not many left on the road like this one was so quite rare in our country still..
    His gas station was a small Caltex shop or the outskirts of Christchurch, New Zealand and Caltex was celebrating 50 years in NZ since 1936.
    So we had the old 36 sign written for the occasion as it was 50 years or so birthday for the car as well as Caltex Caltex.jpg .
    Was a cool old shop hack to go get the fish and chips at lunch time for the crew and fun to hack around in for a young chap.
    Good times they were. :).

PONTNAK123, chriseakin and Hamtown Al like this.
  22. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Speaking of right hand drives, here's a picture of one taken at the Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville, GA last fall.
    IMG_1125.JPG
    Tony has had the car in the Charlotte area for some time and drives it! I believe that is the rare and elusive "Pines" trim on the car. Rare hubcaps, too. Runs like a top!

23. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Russ, who owns this coupe, flew up to see me from Atlanta twice to help me reduce my 36 Ford parts inventory.
    At the Moonshine Festival, I spotted him and we talked awhile and I later found his car. He had his family with him and they were thoroughly enjoying their old Ford! Car was running well and he was still making progress.
    Ya gotta drive 'em!:)
    IMG_1132.JPG
    As I recall, it had the special open air chicken wire top option on display that day.:D

chriseakin, 509garyd, i.rant and 3 others like this.
  24. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

25. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

At the Dawsonville Pool Room. IMG_1107.JPG

i.rant, lothiandon1940 and 32coop like this.
  26. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

Here's my 36 that I just sold after many years, it will be heading to NZ soon................. Roadster & Woody 014.JPG

27. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

^^^Sure is a nice one! Somebody in NZ is going to be happy! I sold a 36 cabriolet project to a fellow in NZ a few years back.
    DSC02357.JPG

DSC02351.JPG

chriseakin and lothiandon1940 like this.
  28. Al, Do you know much of the ownership history of this cabriolet project that went to NZ? I ask because a fellow that I knew in Southern Maryland once owned a burgandy Cab that was a project. He sold it as a project shortly before he tragically died in Ocean City, Maryland around 2001, I believe. It then went to another fellow near LaPlata, Md. who still owned it (in project status) when he passed away in Dec. of 2010. Just curious....Thanks, Don.

29. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

It is the same car. I tracked the history down when I got it. I intended to build it and did add an engine, Trans, and an old folding top that was correct for the car.
    But, as often happens, I found the green cabriolet in NY via another 36 Ford owner pal. He was so strong on the car that I took his advice and got it. That is when I offered the burgundy one for sale.
    Story was the car was used in Redskins parades but I'm not sure about that aspect.

30. ..............What a small world indeed, Al. Can't speak to the parade thing but, the car was built as a sort of Redskins tribute car I believe by a fellow named Bobby Grubb who used to be a NASCAR official on a local track basis. It passed through other owner(s) before his brother, Ronnie acquired it in the 1990's as a running, driving car. I actually drove the car once around 1994 or so. Ronnie had the car to a number of people doing some "wrong" stuff to it and it wound up sitting in pieces in his food catering truck for a number of yrs. Shortly before his death he sold it to Jim Rison near LaPlata. You must have acquired it after Jim passed in 2010. .....Don.