Register now to get rid of these ads!

lengthning a 57 chevy wheelwell

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stone33, Jan 12, 2011.

1. duke182

duke182

finish work looks good.

2. J53

J53
    from WI

I like it, about time someone did something different, even though minimal, to a '57. Nice job!

3. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

Nice work. I may do the same thing on my 63 Galaxie. I want bigger tires on it but they fill the well strangely.

I was going to say, photoshop a hub cap and whitewall on the original post and no one would say a word..........

4. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

All GM's from 1935 to 1964 look like the wheel is to far forward in the opening, Really step back about 25 feet and look!!! I have built over 30 tri five' and any chance I get to rework the rear suspension I set the rear end back 1 to 1 1/2 inches, and I can run up to a 30" tall tire without streching the openings and it looks right on!! But he still did a great job on the streatch. look and learn people !!!!

5. HILLBILLY'ED

HILLBILLY'ED

NICE JOB .......but I liked it even before the paint.......But I'll cut anything up,I don't care what anybody thinks..I've done work for all kinds of customers if they want it pink it gets painted PINK..............................

6. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Well said.

Brian

7. 1320/150

1320/150

I guess I am one of those that are talkin shit.. I merely have a difference of opinion. If you look back you'll notice I complimented your work as far as skill. I could give a fuck about the wheels, thats just 20 nuts away from what I would do with the car!!! As far as lengthening a wheelwell is concerned your acting like you came up with the idea (its been done a couple times before). I can't speak for anyone else,but I certainly can walk the walk alot better than some other post count warriors,Some just don't stop and take pictures of everything they do.... Just sayin!!!

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

awww, your feelings are hurt. Maybe search the forum and you'll see the people you are calling out have built a bunch of stuff. Your getting all defensive is at least entertaining though.

:D

9. Racrdad

Racrdad

I think you did a fine job of stretching the wheelwell. Looks good, who cares if you cut an iconic car. The next owner can uncut it if they want, after all, it is just metal. The owner might need a little push on wheel choice however and your influence as his shop of choice might come in handy. You did fine work, stand proud.

10. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

It's true that there are some that tend to fire off childish replies to posts with any chance they get on here. But, that's not what I see here. Nobody slammed the craftsmanship.

It is presenting something as a logical solution for something that defies logic that is the problem here. Furthermore, presenting a solution for all the thousands of HAMB members seeking wheelwell solution for running donk tires on their tri-5s............c'mon man, really?

11. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Money talks..Bull shit walks

If thats what the dollar spender wants..why should your bank account argue? ..right?

times as such they are today..you have a hot rod habit to keep..paying bills is part of that, at least from where im sitting

nice job BTW..and yeah..its only steel

12. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Now girls:p lets lighten up here some:) I have built several 57s with big tires on and have moved the rear back, I don't have the kind of talent to do body work like stone33. Here's my current 57 and the rear is moved back but I'm going to look into streching my wheel openings. I really like when modifications are made to a car and the observer can't really figure out what was done. True not my chose of "tires" but the guy that bought them likes them. As far as "iconic" I have too many friends who feel the same way about their cars, I say if you don't drive them they ain't worth shit. Now I got to get back to shoveling the 6" of snow we have so I can get back to the house after taking these pictures :rolleyes:

Pat

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  13. duke182

duke182

looks like shit talking to me.
    dont get mad just cause the man talked shit back to ya!

thanks for the entertainment guys!!!