Register now to get rid of these ads!

Length of '41-'48 Ford doors, coupes & sedans?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fortynut, Feb 17, 2011.

1. fortynut

fortynut

There is a reason for my question. I want to shorten a long door '48 Coupe. I know for certain, doors off '40 Coupe and Four Door cars will interchange after a little romancing. Yep, I'll be willing to cut the frame and shorten it, too. But, all I have is 'long door' coupe to measure. So I'm asking my fellow Hambers for help. I'm going to whack the top down as well, so it's not some freakshow deal I want to build. Probably suicide doors to help put this portly person in the driver's seat in the bargain. What about it, guys? I considered building a three window like the ZZ Top deal but want the extra transition that a rear window creates. Any other suggestions, or ideas will be taken into consideration. Pics as well.

2. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

The 41-46 ford business coupe door is the same as the front doors off a four door except the top upper outside corner is aboat a quater inch taller on a four door. My friend Mark hennry just built a 46 club coupe three window, it was at the G.N.R.S. in building 5, it's painted a dark jade green and was also at the Sacramento Autorama last week, he actually lengthen the club coupe doors, maybe somebody took some pictures of it. I have some extra doors so give me a call at 619-573 2637.

3. geoking

geoking

37" for short door and 44" on the long door
    regards,
    george