Register now to get rid of these ads!

Legendary Customizer Gene Winfield on the Discovery Channel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carmanss, Jul 4, 2012.

1. carmanss

carmanss
    from Austin

Happy 4th of July!!! Wanted to pass along a note from Mercury Charlie of Austin, Texas!

Fast & Loud Interview for Discovery Channel<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    July 18<SUP>th</SUP> or July 25<SUP>th</SUP><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Hey everyone!!! Happy 4<SUP>th</SUP> of July. <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    We here at Mercury Charlie Garage wanted to provide you some cool news to kick off your 4<SUP>th</SUP> of July Holiday!<o:p></o:p>
    Here goes:<o:p></o:p>
    You may have seen the show “Fast and Loud” a new show on the Discovery Channel. Well to add a little twist Gene Winfield and I were interviewed at the 2012 Lonestar Round Up to appear on “Fast and Loud” on either July 18<SUP>th</SUP> 2012 or July 25<SUP>th</SUP> 2012. (Producers were not sure of the actual air date).
    We are hoping that it will be exciting to see a true customizing legend such as Gene Winfield on TV and hope that you will take action and let the folks at the Discovery Channel know how much you appreciate it and would like to see more. We’re hoping that someday Gene will land his own television show!!
    Here is a link so that you can let them know what you think about Gene being on TV.<o:p></o:p>
    http://corporate.discovery.com/contact/viewer-relations/
    All that is necessary is that you complete 4 easy steps on the Viewer Relations Form in which you can tell Discovery how you like the show with Gene and request that you see more programming with Gene Winfield!!!
    Please help us make this happen by passing the word and giving Gene Winfield the kudos that he deserves.
    Thank you,
    Mercury Charlie

2. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

He sure deserves more that those dimwits!!

3. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

That's the truth!

4. I think the show is okay.

The show would be a lot better if the host would just shut the fuck up!

I'll watch it for Gene's sake. Hopefully Gene can get a word in edgewise before dumshit opens his mouth and takes over.

5. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

just give Gene his own show without making him deal with that A-HOLE. that guy is such a fuckin idiot!

6. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

^^^^ :D ^^^^ :D ^^^^^x2

7. dirtpoor

dirtpoor
    from maryland

I must say I'm with the others. That guy is a huge Douche bag.He should get his own show and not be tied up with those aholes.

8. ADVANCE1

ADVANCE1
    from Ohio

ah, its a reality show, its just acting. dont be so hard on the guy.

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

WELL SAID! Does anyone know what that loud mouth did befor finding car projects?

10. Chamber Maid

11. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

lol....you guys...

12. 48 Indian Rag

48 Indian Rag
    from conn

What a wonderful lesson for America all those "reality" shows give, you can build a car or motorcycle in less than a week even if you have to drill or grind a new paint job to make things fit. Used to watch to see a glimmer of craftsmanship that isn't even happening anymore.Certainly would like to see Winfield do a documentary series without the B S from some nitwit producer.

13. shadams

shadams

Damn, I logged and this thread was on the home page but you could only see "legendary customizer Gene Winfi..." and I thought, shit, another legend bit the dust. Glad thats not the case.

But yea, the wife and I have watched the show, and those dudes are irritating, but it is still watchable. I loved the rocket 88 they found. Bad ass....

14. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

I found a $5 DVD at Wal-Mart about customs and they talk to Gene Winfield and Bill Hines...Discovery Channel could have a discovery in reality if they did a show with those 2 guys in their 80's and work harder than most 20 year olds! I hope Gene gets a show, would be epic!

15. carmanss

carmanss
    from Austin

thanks for all the interest everyone! I hope you check out the show and use the link I provided in the original message to tell Discovery that you want to see a show with Gene as the star!!! Everyone on here knows it would be a hit!!! Imagine the episodes that could be conjured up with 80+ years of experience!

16. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

I'd love to watch a series with just Gene.

17. You can, just take his classes.
    They're a hell of a lot more entertaining than this monkeeshit.
    Gene will wear your ass out, and he's a hoot, to boot.

18. carmanss

carmanss
    from Austin

All,

I wanted to make one thing clear. This isn't so much about the show as much as it is that we think it's really cool that Gene Winfield was interviewed while at the Round Up. I think we're all in agreement that Gene needs his own show! so please go out to the link above and tell The Discovery Channel what you think about Gene Winfield having his own show! In addition, please pass the word around.

19. 30Durant

30Durant

Gene Winfield will be in my hometown for the Atlantic Nationals this weekend! Got a chance to watch him work his magic last year....plan to do the same this year. Hopefully I will get my Durant in the show one of these years!

20. Elrod

Elrod

Gene is amazing and a legend and I'm super stoaked that he will be featured in any show, but you do know that he will probably only be on there for about 2-3 minutes, right?

If a celebrity is on a show like American Pickers, they show the celebrity for about 4-5 minutes and then the pickers move on to their next pick. That's just how the formula goes.

I'm already bracing for everyone to be SHOCKED that the show won't have 40 minutes of Gene speaking at the Round Up last year.

21. Pyratebob

Pyratebob
    from Phx AZ

I am pretty sure that will be the case. As much we would all love to see more of Gene, they are locked into their reality 'formula'. I did send a lengthy email to discovery about Gene in the episode and some ideas for Gene in his own 'legends' show if you will. They responded a couple days ago.

Dear Viewer:

Thank you for contacting Discovery Channel.

We appreciate your enthusiasm regarding our programming and for taking the
    time to write us. Positive feedback such as yours is very important to us.
    We want you to know that we will pass your comments on to our program
    management and executive producers. Please know that each and every
    comment is read and taken into consideration for future programming.

Thank you again for expressing interest in our programming.

Sincerely,

Viewer Relations
    Discovery Channel

22. Sadly, You could have wrote them asking for a series about a bullfrog scratching his ass and you would have received the same reply. Good on you for trying. Gene is a good friend. I have spent many hours with him in his shop and at shows. I would love to see Gene with his own show. Being able to put real into reality tv. It would suck if the producers wanted to turn it into the same kind of bullshit that the monkey boys spew. It's a bitch. When the contracts are in place, you have to go with their flow. I know Gene has turned down other situations due to format issues.

23. Elrod

Elrod

That does seem to be a form letter. The exact same letter is found on many sites where people were writing to ask about a show.

DoomsDay Bunkers
    http://survivalandprosperity.com/20...el-confirms-end-of-doomsday-bunkers-season-1/

StormChasers
    http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=169351923167184&id=168374869931556

SwampLoggers
    http://www.facebook.com/swamplogger/posts/215589381833388

And even the same letter from other networks... Animal Planet "My Cat From Hell"

http://www.catsparella.com/2011/05/my-cat-from-hell-season-1-wrap-up.html

24. carmanss

carmanss
    from Austin

just a bit of an update on the Gene discussion here. I have heard and just now verified that the Show that was supposed to have this Wednesday the 25th with Gene doesn't look like it's going to happen on the 25th. Not sure why or when now as The Discovery Channel's website for the programming doesn't even show anything for "Fast and Loud". But that's ok, we all would like Gene to have his own show and we still have a link that was provided to continue to tell them such.

Here is the Link:
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

if you haven't allready please go and tell them why you would like to see Gene with his own TV show and please make sure to spread the word around the rodding and custom community!

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd hate to see Gene or anyone else I respect end up with a show on Discovery channel the way those clowns run things. If they did a real show that actually had the lead guy show how to do something on a car where there was no bullshit and drama nonsense you would get a lot of Hambers tuning in but that never seems to be the case. They think they have to have the bullshit and drama to appeal to the "Pro rasslin" fans that might tune in. Personally I'll go on you tube and watch a video from Mikes Carburetor parts before I watch anything on Discovery channel, at least I'll learn something besides the best way to insult someone.

26. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Too much housewives crapola. It wouldnt be the style of a master craftsman or even a real man to be on that type of show. Let him dictate what he would do and leave the wankers to other shows.On the chopper show and the show with Boyd I think they had to hire some schmuck to mess material up so they could have drama fixing what timmy dicked up. No shop would stay in action long with that idiotic drama.

27. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I'd just like to see a TV show that doesnt suck... Is it really that hard. awww forget it, Im going back to the garage.

28. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Try MASH good as ever

29. MercuryCharlie

MercuryCharlie

I understand every ones dislike with all the drama these TV shows seam to relish in-- I am hoping the amount of people telling the Discovery guys what they would like to see instead of what they think we want to see will make a difference. now this becomes a numbers game.. as we know this is what the TV executives look at... Numbers.. So if in large Numbers we tell them what we want it will be hard for them to ignore.
    If you would like to see better TV car shows .. If you would like to see Gene have his own show go to the link at the top of this post and tell them what you would like to see..

30. MercuryCharlie

MercuryCharlie

Got any thoughts on how to get the word out... Lets hear them.