Register now to get rid of these ads!

Left downpipe for headers-Flathead in Shoebox

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SquashThatFly, Jan 19, 2007.

1. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

im kind of curious to see where and how everybody is running the left down pipe for headers on a Flathead in a 49-51 Shoebox ford with all of this clutch linkage in the way. Ive thought about reworking it and possibly flipping it too. the cobbled up linkage the previous owner made is being replaced too. theres no damn room for a pipe. my car is airbagged and lays too low to just run it underneath. what have you or have you seen done?

Attached Files:

2. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

3. Stafford

Stafford
    from N. Georgia

NRchopshop I ran mine under but that isn't the way it should go. I'm pretty certain that it should be ran above the clutch crossover peice . I beleive that if you turn the pipe just right the clutch linkage will work. My car is apart right now but when I put it back together here one of these days I'm gonna put it above. good luck andlet us know how it works out. Stafford