Register now to get rid of these ads!

Leave it to Beaver...40 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 6t5frlane, Oct 29, 2006.

1. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Was watching the other day and " Lumpy " drove into Wally's driveway in a ( I think ) 40 Ford rag top. Looked stock but Cherry. Probably 1962 or so I would think....

2. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

yea, i remember that episode. lump did have a 40 ford convert. what a waste of a car!

3. Lucky77

Lucky77

That's hillarious, I thought I was the only one who remembered that episode. I used to watch the reruns before dinner when I was a kid.

4. I remember it also. Lots of neat stuff in old TV showes. How about Otis and the 34 roadster on Andy Griffith.

5. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Same here I remember it.

6. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

Had a shaved deck lid.

7. flathead okie

flathead okie

Which one the 40 or the 34??

8. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

9. Jimv

Jimv

There was a episode where Wally pulls a "american graffiti" and rips the rear end out of the 40( torque tube??) lol
    JimV

bchrismer likes this.
  10. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

Didn't the girls from out-of-town drive that car, too?

11. What about the rear axle trick they did to Lumpy and left the chain behind that had Ward Cleaver's name on it! (later repeated in American Grafitti) Wally had to put the rear end back in again, funny episode!:D Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy

bobss396 likes this.
  12. :D You beat me to it - I'm glad though that someone else remembers that one too! Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy

13. When I grow up I wanna be Mr Haney...

He had a "barn fresh" C-cab that was awesome...

[​IMG]

Barn fresh... Get it...?
    [​IMG]

JOE:cool:

14. Dr_X

Dr_X

Later they had a show called The new Leave it to Beaver, where they were grown-up. It had most of the original cast, Barbara Billingsly, Tony Dow, Jerry Mathers, Hugh Beaumont had passed away before the show began. But Lumpy still had the 40 ragtop. I don't know if it was the same car, but its cool to think Ol' Lump hung onto that thing.

15. roddinron

roddinron

There's an old episode of Lassy where some kid in a hot rod kills a raccoon (I think) and Lassy gets pissed, so they end up opening a dragstrip, lots of really great old rods in that one.

16. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

Is that the same Beaver episode where Wally buys the "old jalopy" and he and his friends try unsuccesfully try to get it running? At the end of the episode he ends up parting it out to his friends and then having it hauled away. It's been so long since I saw it I don't remember anything other than it was a 30's coupe of some sort.

Jay

17. Wally drug home a 36 ford coupe. June was upset to say the least.

18. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Yaeh that's the one where Wally needs a fanbelt for his '36 and Lumpy suggests that they get one off the '36 "heap" out behind the gas station.....:D Funny show, I think if I remember right, that Lumpys '40 had shaved door handles....

19. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

in "my 3 sons" chip had a model a coupe and robby rebuilt something in the 30's i can't rmember what

20. Muttley

Muttley

When Wally had the '36 towed away to the junkyard
    I almost fell out of my chair. :( :(

21. Alright Anybody Catch The Munsters At The Drags Yesterday....

I AM A MR. HANEY CLONE AS FAR AS STUFFIN A PILE ... STOVE - HAVE IT ...UGLY CHAIR HAVE IT PLOW ... JUST THE HANDLE'S
    DON'T HAVE THE ROLL DOWN BANNERS TO GO WITH ALL OF IT THO... OR THE C-CAB

22. geemann51

geemann51

What about the Beaver episode when BEav got the monster shirt. There's a clip from it on the Tales of Ratfink trailer where he proclaims he wants the one with the 3 eye balls.....

23. k9racer

k9racer

Lumpy real name Frank Bank was a hot rodder of some type.. he had several very fast corvettes with modified engines..I was told that the movie hollywood nights most of the story line was from the car club that Mr. Bank belonged to..

24. uncleo

uncleo

Greetings from Long Branch,N.J.,Americas first seashore resort.
    When I can I still try to catch Leave it to Beaver weekdays on TVLand cable....sometimes silly themes,but thats what makes me HAHAHAHA all the time....Wally with his '36 and '53 chevy....Beaver coasting Wards car from the driveway into the street and getting a ticket.the episodes with Lumpys '40,at the dance,bad battery etc.,good stuff.
    Bud on Father Knows Best also brought home and worked on old cars ....look closely in one of the episodes you will see a HOT ROD MAGAZINE on the table in the Andersons living room.
    Don't forget'' DRAG STRIP DOBIE'' from the Dobie Gillis show....when he and Zelda and Maynard challenged Chatsworth to a side by side at the track in T-Buckets.
    ''Cricket'' was cool on 77 Sunset Strip but so was Kookies (Grabowskis) Car....one of te main reasons I watched the show was to catch
    the

25. uncleo

uncleo

Sorry but my stuff here at RAT RADIO had a problem....
    ....was to catch a glimpse of that T-Bucket.
    Tommy Ivo was also featured as the boyfriend on the TV show 'Margie' during his SHOWBOAT dragster days....check the December '61 cover of HOT ROD MAGAZINE for a picture of Tommy and Cynthia Pepper with the car.
    More stories but I have to get back to playing music and talking on overnight radio.
    LEE.

26. Wally was stoked to find out he could sell the car by the "Hunk" and make more than selling out right.

27. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

I think that was a 32 roadster ....:eek:

28. stratocaster

stratocaster

LMAO - Got to see Goober working on the Rambler inside the court-house on Andy Griffith last week. -Strat.

29. I think I remember some mention of "Submarine Races"-or am I imagining things? Old timers?

30. i beleive lumpy's 40 was lowered and had dual exhaust also.