Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Leather key fob.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tommyd, Mar 25, 2017.

1. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Anyone know of a source for a folding key fob like this? I know Ryan had some for a while. That style though. handmade-leather-1.jpg

2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

3. oldolds

oldolds

Go to an auction at an old guys house. They will be in the box lots. They are kept in the junk drawer.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. rudestude

rudestude

I got this one in my desk drawer and you don't even have to go to a auction to get it I think I have the other part some where in my desk.. I found it in a 51 Kaiser Frazier's glove box along with some cool tortoise shell sun glasses and a tin of aspirin if you want it it's yours[​IMG]

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

tb33anda3rd and tommyd like this.

5. soak it in Neatsfoot oil

6. rudestude

rudestude

I have sum toe jam but no foot oil .... I Kidd ..Thanks for info I will go get some....

7. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2017-3-26_8-24-33.png nice find...
    Hello,
    I had one of those similar folding, snap to close key FOBs. I used it a lot and got great comments about it, being brown leather and all. I had inherited it from my brother when I bought the Impala from him. It was very handy and at the time, held only two keys, car and home. But, when I put the keys away, snapped the cover latch and put it in my pocket, something did not look right. I did not notice right away…

In our Levis, something looked odd when the FOB slid sideways, or even in a vertical position. The bulge was evident and slightly embarrassing. Since I had been going around school, the local hangouts and parties, my best friend mentioned that I wasn’t just always happy to see everyone! So, what was it? I had not noticed, but I guess others did and did not tell me for fear of embarrassment. The horizontal key fob with two keys !

Jnaki
    Today, I have one last flat, opening pouch for an extra house key(s) left over. This one was from the several that I purchased a long time ago from an auto parts store. It is old, but looks new from lack of use and living in a extra key bag in the office drawer. They last from daily use until the internal metal spring bar breaks or the leather gets too beat up. This one is used for friends staying over at our house for a while.
    upload_2017-3-26_8-26-16.png
    There is no pouch today that will hold the electronic fobs from the factory. Whether yours swings out or is just a unit that sticks into the starter hole. Those take up a lot of pocket/purse space. Gone are the single small flat GMC style keys. For the hot rods, that small single key is still a possibility, but watch out for the unusual appearances on the Levis.

8. rudestude

rudestude

Cool...Hell I would of packed more keys in it.... Really give them something to look at......The only thing I didn't like with this one was the studs I only had two keys in mine ,one each end, then the studs would gouge my leg I was all ways going to put shorter ones in it.....Some where in my stuff I have some with Dealership names on them...The old viceroy clip comb in the picture was also in the Kaiser glove box with the other stuff I mentioned above...... The owner must of been a pretty stylish guy......[​IMG]

9. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

I see them on that auction site all the time. Used to be able to pick up for complete nos for $5 now you're lucky if you find one for under $20

10. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

11. Gman0046

Gman0046

Auction site item.

12. rudestude

rudestude

Ok tommyd .... I'm in Oregon so I don't think I will be going your way soon.....But if you PM me with some info I will certainly get it to you....

13. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There was a guy on Ford Barn that was selling them. I believe he was from S. Dakota, but I don't recall his FB name. You might want to go to Ford Barn and do a search on the classified for "key fob" or "key case".

tommyd likes this.
  14. rudestude

rudestude

Just saw your Fairlane picture...If your interested I know where this engine is ...It was in a 27 T that I had years ago the the guy I got the car from ended up getting the engine back it's been sitting in a 65 Fairlane untouched for years not for sale but he just sold his chopped Merc he said things are goin to start going so it might be? Holman and Moody did the work in the mid 60's it got all the receipts... just saying.....[​IMG]

tommyd likes this.
  15. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Thanks so much. My daughter in law found one for me today so I'm set. Thanks for the offer.

16. rudestude

rudestude