Register now to get rid of these ads!

leading techniques

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by UA_HoBo, Jan 22, 2010.

1. low lead lady

low lead lady

2. oldgoaly

oldgoaly

it's 100% Tin in tinning butter which is the better at bonding to the steel (think tin plate) lead is a filler which is much cheaper and more flexible, so if you tin the steel the lead/tin compound will stick better. That's what I learned many years ago, "old chrome dome "would be proud of "ol'shade tree" tt

3. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

I used Eastwood new lead free on my 40 conv and it did great plus yes it is a little harder that old lead a vixen file really won't file so you can grind it

4. aaggie

aaggie

Most of us old school guys have tried lead work with differing results. I remember when body fillers first showed up and was impressed with how much easier and faster it was to get repair jobs out the door. Then as now you have to be careful with thickness and metal prep. The origional products had quality issues and would sometimes fall off when doors were slammed.

All that said, modern fillers work every bit as good as lead without the toxic side effects. Much cheaper too.