This morning, I set our to lay back my 32 roadster windshield by 2". Some of you may have seen my build thread, but in case not, it's a Brookville body with a Stainless windshield frame/stanchions (that I got from a fellow HAMBer). First of all, the lower stanchions didn't exactly fit well from the get-go in the stock location (I've attached photos along the way here to illustrate). As suggested by fellow HAMBers, I elongated the bottom hole to lay the windshield back. I did all of the work with a medium rat-tail file. which took approximately 5 minutes per side. I'm sure glad I got my Brookville body primed before they delivered it, that way all the body filler is covered...that's right, body filler. As you can see in the photos, my NEW Brookville body has a significant amount of body filler in it around the lower stanchion area! As the holes were elongated, I trial fit the stanchion assembly and measured from the top to the clip the holds the top on for reference until I achieved 2". That's when the problems started to emerge. First, the "nub" on the stanchion which used to line up with the raised bead under the windshield is not horribly misaligned. In addition, that portion of the lower stanchion rode up on the ends of the bead and created a large gap between the stanchion's "flange" and the body. Not sure how I am going to deal with this, but I can now see why guys covet bronze lower stanchions - not much i can do with these stainless units, except grind A LOT away, or modify the cowl where they contact it. Second, and the most significant problem, is that the curvature of the bottom of the windshield frame and that of the "bead" on the top of the cowl where the windshield meets it is very uneven and looks ugly - the window seal hides the now varying gap, but there seems to be no remedy for this (without a MAJOR amount of body re-work) that I'm willing to do. Thinking I may tuck my tail and retreat back to the original location.