Register now to get rid of these ads!

Laurel and Hardy Tear up a few cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vettes2, Jan 26, 2008.

1. vettes2

vettes2
    from OKC, OK

2. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Have you ever seen the one with the little quarter midget shooting around through the traffic while our heros engage in silliness?
    It's great! (can't remember the name)

3. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You think thats bad, you should see what they do to a '36 roadster in (I think) "Blockheads" from 1938. I don't know where to find it, but I remeember cringing everytime I saw it. I don't think they actually wrecked the car, but the last shot in the sequence shows a lot of '36 parts piled up in the garage.

4. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I found the scene. I don't know how to post the link, but it's on Youtube. Search for "Blockheads Laurel" and you should find it.

5. Mullda

Mullda

Abbott & Costello have some pretty good midget footage too. I think it's in Buck Privates Come Home. Haven't seen it in a while, but it's pretty good.

6. a `36 ford phaeton goes over a cliff in "reefer madness" ...filmed in 1938

7. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Blockheads
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MlTnl5vJXkU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MlTnl5vJXkU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

8. Searcher

Searcher

What a comedy team... they didn't even need sound :D

9. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

If you look carefully at the wreck though, it was a cabriolet or cut down coupe. I guess the production team didn't want to trash a one year old roadster and found some junked car to dismantle for the wreck in the garage.
    Ed

10. john56h

john56h

I liked WC Field's "Road-Hog"....wrecked about fifty 1920's cars in that one.

11. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Actually, the name of the movie was "If I had a Million"; it was 6 or 7 vignettes about people who were given a Million dollars anonymously and what they would do with it. W.C. had been run off the road too often, and when he got his million, he bought a bunch of '20's cars and a bunch of guys to drive them, and then set out in a stream looking for "Road Hogs". Every time he'd see one, he'd run 'em off the road, wrecking both cars. He'd then get in the next car in line, and go looking for more "Road Hogs". He went through the whole million dollars this way, except for enough to buy a new 1932 Ford tudor. He went to the dealership and bought it, drove it out the exit door and ..........

12. KATFISH

KATFISH

It was called "Midget Car Mechanics", havent seen it in years

13. damn and i have always been a stooges fan..

14. 40Tudor

40Tudor

15. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

Thanks for the link. I saw this movie years ago and never forgot. I immediately thought of this movie after seeing the title thread.
    "Look Rollo, a road hog!"