Register now to get rid of these ads!

Latham Superchargers: Registry, Info & Pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by movin/on, Dec 7, 2008.

1. mikeys53

mikeys53
    from Pacific NW

I have a complete set up with 6 carbs for sale , see ad on the Hamb

loudbang likes this.
  2. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

3. dutchman

dutchman

Hi there,

I would like to add #2287 to this registry.

It appears to be the only dual inlet Weber carb late model supercharger ever seen. This 10 stage blower was built by Richard Paul to run under the lowest hood clearance. It is plumbed for nitrous and flows more than most engines can use.

Is this the only one in existence? I was told that five were made, but two of the others have the one inlet blocked off. The others are still unaccounted for.

The number would indicate that this supercharger was one of his last. I am curious to know more about it if anyone can provide more information. Who ran this crazy thing? It was on a show car for part of it’s life and sat on a garage wall for the last five years of ten that the previous owner had it for.

In between those times, Richard bought it back from the individual it was made for and sold it to the man I bought it from. Originally, the story goes, it was never sold. Richard felt the need to take it back and then sold it ten years ago to it’s first actual purchaser, if you don’t count it’s maker.

I have heard that eventually these things would allow 2800cfm in the largest version. Whether this is true has not been confirmed.

There has been so much concern over the historical versions built by mr. Latham himself and such a lack of info on these performance versions...

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  4. dutchman

dutchman

loudbang and Speed Gems like this.
  5. loudbang

loudbang

Little easier on the eyes. :)

1.JPG

6. dutchman

dutchman

Hi SnoDawg,
    I realized that I had not replied to your question and it has been a long time. I measured mine and it is 8 29/32" outside diameter. So nearly nine inches. I believe that Richard specified 8.81" but that may be for the belt groove.

Did you find one yet or get someone to make you one? Mine is for a small block Chevy, but has the three holes like the Ford I am putting it onto.

loudbang likes this.
  7. dutchman

dutchman

Did you sell this supercharger yet, or is it still in your possession?

loudbang likes this.
  8. Photon

Photon
    from Joliet IL

Sorry the supercharger has been sold.

loudbang likes this.