Register now to get rid of these ads!

Late Models at Goodguys events?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by speedyg948, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichG

RichG

What?

2. richie rebel

richie rebel

the here we go was for you,saying they have to make money at it,they make money,alot of money at it

3. wheelguy

wheelguy

To RichG,,,,GEEZ, Do you work for GGs? No, I don't hand write signs and stand on the corner protesting, not that there's not plenty that needs protesting, it was just one man's opinion...I didn't say they were money hungry, just that it's a money grab (somewhat different)...If they want to expand why not start a new seperate venue for other types of cars...I don't normally respond to much on "the board" but it's just my opion (and I guess now it's YOUR opion on MY opion)....I might go to Columbus next year (haven't been there in 4 years) but really kind of gave up when drag racing was dropped.

4. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Ever seen those "discussion" posts on MSNBC, Fox or MSN news sites...??? The people that post on them sound just like the politicians and their programs. Most if it is "it's my way or no way." There's Democrats bashing Republicans, Tea Partiers bashing both of them and Independents trying to figure out WHO's to blame for all of it. Yet, nothing ever gets solved...Are you correct...or is the other guy...???

Same here...we have those that think making money, via a business is "greedy" and they won't attend any event that charges money...we have those that think Gary Meadors is a billionaire and we have those that swear they've never been to a GG's event and never will (their loss, of course, but it leaves more room for me to park my Cadillac) and of course, those that just like to see their posts here...

When NSRA declared a 1984 cut-off, all those old NSRA guys (on here) said they didn't want to see Pintos at an NSRA even and would no longer go to an NSRA event. I've been to several and still haven't seen a Pinto at one...I wonder when they have. Point is, NOT every late model "anything" will attend a GG's event on Sunday...and I'd bet the ones that do will be there to look at "old cars"...they just have the opportunity to drive their late model into the event.

R-

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

Hot Rodding has been going down hill ever since they started allowing coupes to run at the dry lakes. roadsters are the only true HOT ROD dammit!

7. richie rebel

richie rebel

easy ratfink easy lol.........

8. "Hot Rodding has been going down hill ever since they started allowing coupes to run at the dry lakes. roadsters are the only true HOT ROD dammit!"

I don't care who you are..........
    that there's funny!:D

9. John Denich

John Denich

If your not happy start your own national show series for pre 64 cars only, no KIT cars by that I mean no Glass Cars period unless its a Corvette! lets see how you would end up!....shit half of the crybabies about this shit own KIT cars anyways!

10. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

all of you should get your heads out of you asses and think about the whole thing.

any car show in the 50's and 60's was almost all late model cars.

11. A.A.Additude

A.A.Additude
    from NE Kansas

hell most of the events are in HUGE areas anyhow.. We have a 72 cutoff here at the Kansas Speedway and although I prefer the "hot rod" era if they had a special section for later models thats cool.. hell in 30 years those cars will be classics. It all starts somewhere.. I dont think they should park mixed in with all the other cars,, people can choose to go look at them or not and you keep like minded people with each other.. Its all about ideas and what someone comes up with thats cool on their ride.. I like a New Challenger that someone did a badass stripe job on.
    If its about money just to keep Goodguys goin thats ok too. I like the goodguys events and if they go away that will just plain suck!! its gotta cost a bundle to put one of these on, just face it there is just not as many older hot rodders today as there were in the 80's and 90's

12. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Where do you draw the line? roadsters, Pre war, 1950, Quad headlights, 1972, three pedals, If it ain't steel, etc, etc. I have my opinion, but it's only my opinion.

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just like AACA and the Hershey car show, lots more Wal Mart cars to walk by to get to the good stuff.

14. ironrodder

ironrodder

It takes a lot of cash to run a Pro Mod...I found there's a lot of good enjoyable shows around since I left GG/ NSRA...Don't need 'em...still hang out with friends....The comment about the coupes...GREAT ONE!

15. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

There was a time when a 40 Ford was a new car...just sayin'. An 82 something or other is a damned 30 year old car. Time marches on. Those who have traditional rides will never understand this. Eventually there will be a time when those 32 Ford rods will be impossible to find or even buy for a sane price. Only the very wealthy will have them. I'm not saying shows like Symco or Rust Revival allow 84 Camaros in, I'm just saying that GG is (as was brought up before) a business...not a club or association. They can try anything they choose to drum up business and revenue. Go to the shows, enjoy the cars, make friends and meet old ones. You might find amongst those Phillistines who dare build a newer car up a kindred spirit who loves the old traditional stuff too.

16. RocketSled

RocketSled

Jeebus, y'all sound like Corvette owners. (Ain't no real Corvettes made after 1982)

Here's a little perspective: My oldest car does not qualify by many of your criteria, and it's 45 years old!

Seen what happened to Muscle Car prices lately? Think many young enthusiasts with an apartment, no covered parking, and College loans can afford to buy one or the space to build one from bits?

Sheoot, it's as bad as a Mustang vs. Camaro thread...we're ALL car guys, even the ones in new cars. You get too exclusive and pretty soon you're exclusive all by yourself. Same old Cranky people, same old cranky stories.

Gotta get the new blood in somehow. They might not have a gasser today, but dosen't mean they'll never have a gasser. You want 'em to come back, or think we're all a buncha assholes?

(hint: some of them have daughters ;))

17. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

Only Vettes? No Avantis? No Kaiser Darrins?

18. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

I'm been done with the BIG car shows since NSRA pulled that @#$% at the Nationals. Thank God for the HAMB board!!

19. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

GOODGUYS IS A BUSINESS. A MONEY MAKING ENTERPRISE. If you think you can do better go ahead. If you don't like it stay home. Sunday is always slow with plenty of open spaces. Why not modern factory hot rods?

20. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Is it that hard to just walk past what you don't care for? I don't know, I guess because most shows around here, as it is, contain all sorts of mismatched oddities, I'm pretty de-sensitized....I just gravitate to what I like, and, enjoy my day out, no matter....

21. Mercchev

Mercchev

I was just thinking about buying a Pinto...:)

22. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I don't even attend my local cruise-night due to all the late model cars they let in, and there are TONS of them, way more than antiques. If I want to see 20 new Camaros in one place, I'll go to the Chevy dealer.

23. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

It's real easy if you don't like it stay home and just bitch about it. As for me I'm going. Sunday is the day to go travel home.

24. The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling

Jesus, what a bunch of narrow minded cry babies. Seriously. First you aren't going to see any Sion's or Honda's or other foreign - it says and year, make or model AMERICAN CAR or American Powered. I've been attending the NSRA Nats since before the new dates and all of them since. It isn't overrun with Late Models and most that are there are to a higher standard then have the Rat Rod quality crap that shows up (some of which is on here regularly too). The comments about you can just go to a dealership and see the same thing are uninformed as well, many of these late model cars have a ton of work done to them and will smoke your weezer 305 powered "Hot Rod".
    I swear some of you would limit all shows to Model A and 32 Fords that are Flat Black with Red Rims - now wouldn't THAT be an Exciting show!
    Get over it.

25. fat141

fat141

When NSRA declared a 1984 cut-off, all those old NSRA guys (on here) said they didn't want to see Pintos at an NSRA even and would no longer go to an NSRA event. I've been to several and still haven't seen a Pinto at one...I wonder when they have. Point is, NOT every late model "anything" will attend a GG's event on Sunday...and I'd bet the ones that do will be there to look at "old cars"...they just have the opportunity to drive their late model into the event.

R-[/QUOTE]
    Hit the nail fair and square Roger,
    Sitting here shaking my head thinkin' some of you blokes are nuts.
    If ya don't likem, walk on past, go ENJOY what you like
    Scheeeeesh

26. grazy

grazy

I let my Goodguys membership expire when they let in muscle cars I still attend events they put on close to me because of number of cars I will never see at any other local events . I admit an occational car from those years will get my attention and I will look at it if the quality of build and style catches my fancy . I am a car guy and enjoy them all but I go to look at hot rods and street rods and have always liked customs but you cant have a show of every thing . The only time a cut off date ever really made me mad was when a guy at the gate of a small local show said my 1962 Rambler American was to new to get in 1959 cut off I believe this get together had . No problem thats the rule but the idiot telling me this is standing at the gate next to and leaning on a Menotti bodied kinda sorta looks like a 37 Ford air ride modern drive trained something or other that I could tell was his I looked at him and said "What piece on that car is 1959 or older ?" So it might as well have been a PT Cruiser or a Chevy HHR in my mind because they kinda sorta look like old cars but made with all new parts.

27. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

I quit driving to parking lots in 2001, and quit visiting them in '08.

I'd rather take a nice ride. To each their own. ;)

28. sdgsavage

sdgsavage

Geeze, Kewl. I can bring in my dually diesel lifted tow vehicle; 1000ft lbs of torque, and a ton of chrome. Sheeeiittt life is good! Wait... I don't have one. Whatever.

29. metal man

metal man

I predict that inside of five years,the new cars will be welcome all weekend,but I don't care . There are a lot better shows out there anyway. I live in the Columbus area and have been to all the Columbus GG events just because they are so close,but this year I decided I would not attend next year. Reason being....I simply do not enjoy GG events.
    It's a lot of things for me,and none of them have anything to do with cut-off years or lack of.
    I have moved on to smaller shows that are more relaxed and simple.:cool:

30. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Late model cars and loud systems blasting, I guess I am "not with it" anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.