Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Late Model T Coupe hot rod owners

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bab59, Apr 12, 2013.

1. bab59

bab59

Have the chance to purchase a fairly nice T coupe. Custom A style frame 350/350
    To you guys that own them or have owned them. How is the drive ability? Comfort compared to say a A roadster as I have only owned A's no T's
    I'm 5'9" 175
    Just looking for Pro's and cons here Thanks

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Congrats on the purchase of your 1st Model T coupe.

Like most of these old cars they are what you make of them.

The T coupe with parcel shelf removed offers possibly the best leg room of many of these old cars and is only a whisker narrower across the doors internally than a Model A.

Compared with a Model A roadster the T coupe doors are wider which makes it easier for getting in and out.

The windshield height is slightly taller so easier for seeing out, unless you chop it.

Chopping is not my cup of tea, but they sure have plenty of potential for chopping and do look great.

The rest is all about your preferences.

There are several very good Model T threads running on the HAMB which should assist you in determining exactly the look you require.

3. raven

raven

Well mr. 5'9" 175lbs. you will feel like you are swimming inside a T coupe compared to a roadster with the added advantage of being in out of the weather.
    I've driven my '27 roadster a lot of miles in all kinds of weather.
    If you like being warm and dry, you will like the coupe to drive all year long.
    r

4. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

The only problem i have with mine is sliding my belly past the steering wheel and the seat as far as leg room goes i have plenty not much room inside for seating more than 2

5. evobuilder

evobuilder

I have a 27 T coupe and have TONS of room... I can't speak to your ridability, as it all depends on the build.... mine is on rear bags, front wishbone/shocks and it rides fine till you hit a bump and then you KNOW it! Doesn't matter.... I love it!
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      207.6 KB
      Views: