Register now to get rid of these ads!

Late 50s Ford (Edsel) Motor Mounts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Little_E, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Little_E

Little_E

So here's the deal . . . working on 58 Edsel, need motor mounts. Ordered them from a local ford parts shop just looked up 58 fords (because trying to find anything listed for Edsels is impossible) and matched the picture to what I had in my hand. When I got the mounts, I found out that there was only one stud to go through the plate on the crossmember, instead of two like the ones that came off the car, and what the plate is drilled for.

I have been back there twice and looked through all of the mounts, with no luck. Any ideas on where I should look? We can make these work, but I'd rather have the mounts to match the originals if at all possible.

Any help on this matter would be incredibly helpful and very appreciated.

2. Which motor do you have?
    Possibly a Mercury or Lincoln might be closer..
    I assume you have looked on ebay, mounts are pretty common.
    Kanter or Dennis Carpenter or Concours Parts& Accessories may be of some help.
    Post a pic, I have alot of NOS mounts that arent in the box so I dont know what they are.

3. Little_E

Little_E

361 FE (same family as 352, 390, etc)

I've checked w/ Kanter & Dennis Carpenter, no such luck. I don't have access to the mounts right now to take a picture, the car is at the parents' house . . . I'll check ebay and maybe if I don't find anything, I will get pics up after this weekend.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4552851330&category=10076&sspagename=WDVW

These are similar to the ones I purchased, but I need them with 2 studs on bottom. Let me know if these look familiar.

4. Little_E

Little_E

Turns out I found the right mounts from Kanter, I had to talk to 4 people before someone went out of their way to help me, but its done!!!

If anyone ever has to call Kanter I highly recomend calling a guy named John ext. 375, he went way beyond what anyone else there did to get the right mounts, sounded like a pretty knowledgeable guy as well.