Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Late '50's-early '60's 1953 chevy 210 custom ?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by banditomerc, May 15, 2014.

1. banditomerc

banditomerc

I am currently building this car as a mid '50's custom,but was noticing that not many customs of the late '50's-early '60's.
    So i decided to shift gears and go in that direction.Currently the car has been chopped,265 v8/pg trans,no air bags planned.The headlights (merc rings)where already leaded in when i purchased the car,but since i am changing direction i was thinking dual headlights instead.You know,2 headlights per side,one above the other.
    What the best way to achieve this mod.The '41 chevy is an example of what i'm thinkin.maybe more verticle ,no slant.

Attached Files:

2. 'Mo

'Mo

Just a thought. The nicest quad lights I have seen on a '53-'54 Chevy were 1958 Chevy
    (horizontal). Looked like they belonged there. (Sorry, no pics.)

3. Torchie

Torchie

58-59 Lincoln Premier head lights will work. I have seen some canted quads that have looked good. Others not so...
    'Mo's suggestion of the 58 Chevy lights and eyebrows is a good one. Done more than once back in the day.
    Torchie

Attached Files:

4. banditomerc

banditomerc

I thought of that but I think the verticle style like the Jessie Lopez Merc is more in tune with the style/era I'm after..thanks for suggestion...

5. banditomerc

banditomerc

Hey torchie,that idea looks good...hmmm.

6. 'Mo

'Mo

Those Lincoln lights were always the standard, but unless they have been repro'ed, will be hard to find.
    1959 Chevy units were also very popular, and will much easier to find.

[​IMG]

Another option is '57 or '58 Edsel. I suspect that the headlight doors are pot metal, so french the openings using round rod. (The same with the Chevy lights.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  7. Hemi j

Hemi j
    from Colorado

I agree with Mo, I like 59/60 chevy ones there the same on top and bottom and pretty easy to find !

8. jivin jer

jivin jer

003 (3).JPG David, I've always liked the 58'-59' Chev trk lites in this configuration. Jesse Lopez Merc??

9. banditomerc

banditomerc

Hey Mo,good examples but the pic that you posted Jerry is dead on.I meant the Charley Lopez Mercury from Classics Santa Ana,Ca.Thanks for the pics guys.

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

Great to see that you are onto a new project Dave!!

11. banditomerc

banditomerc

Hey Steve,hope all is well with you.Yes I picked up this Chevy cheap,had to do it,the car wouldn't let me walk away.LOL

12. junkjunky

junkjunky

Any old big truck (Mack, Freightliner, ect.) with quad lights will have the headlights you are wanting.