Register now to get rid of these ads!

lasted aquisition.... Pommy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Outback, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

sWe don't have much rodder fodder as this area was only 'settled' about 35 years ago.

but this is my lastest toy, the sign said

Free to Good home, restoration project only!!

Just putting it back on the road is 'restoring it' to it's former road going glory isn't it?? :D

maybe some satin black too![​IMG][​IMG]

2. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

You got it free? WOW man! I like the photo shop on it. Nice find.

3. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Killer Rover ya got there! Is that a four banger? Anything left of the
    wooder dash?

Rear fender skirts and Bellflowers?

4. Hey mate,
    If you take the small side track that goes off the side track of the beaten track you just might find a T or A Ford still stuck in the bull dust. But really i think most old car stuff was picked out in the 1980s.

5. Skimmer

Skimmer

Outback your a brave man no one here wants them well saying that a bloke put a 350 chev in one left it looking like yours stock n took it to the drags ,it had a lot of attention but when he wanted to sell i think he parted it out as no one wanted it ,alot of banger racers race them..good luck

6. never turn down a free one.

7. LIMEY

LIMEY

I had a '56 Rover 60 23 yrs ago! damn i feel old :) i dropped the front low & left the rear stock height with big & littles......much like i've done with '39!
    guess i still dig the same things i did as a kid.

Kev.

8. KoppaK

KoppaK

I got some pics of chopped ones at home see ya later!

9. Those were considered to be a pretty good car in the day. Leather seats, burlwood dashes. Solidly built and confortable to ride in.
    Stick or automatic?

I like the front end styling. Kind of bulldog-like but it works.

10. Squablow

Squablow

Can you post up some more pics of this? What the hell is it? I like it, very funky and European. Don't get many free cars around here.

11. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

It's a 58 or 59 Rover 90,

6 cyl & stick, All the interior is in pretty good nick, I think it was restored a little while ago.

Body wise it's ok, a little rust, and aluminium corrosion, it's missing a fuel pump, brake need rekitting and the clutch it rusted up,

When we dragged it home, we chucked a battery in it, and it started up first time when it got fuel,

A mate sat on the bonnet (hood) and held the boat fuel tank, and hand pump, we started it in gear and went cruisin around the community here, what a blast, to stop we just turned off the key.

Plans are to get it reg'd, suede paint, dump it, and tube grill (the current one's rusty)

[QUOTE "34 Gaz"]Hey mate,
    If you take the small side track that goes off the side track of the beaten track you just might find a T or A Ford still stuck in the bull dust. But really i think most old car stuff was picked out in the 1980s.[/QUOTE]

Have you been here before??

Last time I took that track I found some very rusty 60's tin. :D

Outback

12. How can anything rust out there? I thought this was an arid climate. :p

13. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ahahaha...a hot rod rover...does it have one of the little viking head radiator caps (or is it to late)

14. aw damn! i was watching one of those radiator caps on ebay. can you guys get me one cheap? what do they normally go for?

15. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Not all of Aus is arrid,

the Rover (with lic plates Aunty) had ocean views for the last few years, under a high set house...... I can smell the salt air from here, we also have a Alumina refinery so they pump caustic into the air 24-7 not good for ally.

Outback

16. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

last one i saw went for 100 pounds sterling, and that was 8 months ago. i am sure one of our english constituents on here might be able to oblige us in locating one...

17. The cars I would haul out of the San Francisco oceanside neighborhood, called the Sunset District, sometimes had turned nearly completely orange from the salt air. This is known as a "Sunset Tan" We get that famous salt-laden fog. Everything on the west side of town rusts right before your eyes.

Alumina? Aluminum? Electric furnaces and Bauxite. That will put nasty stuff on a nice paint job.

Northern Territory is huge! From Alice Springs to Darwin. Are you up by Darwin? Christ, I'd hate to have that paper route!

18. Oh, I think THIS would be restoring it - certainly what I'd like to recreate with an old Rover... behold "JET 1"
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. OldsGuy

OldsGuy

Now that's what I call dedicated. I can just see it, an old Rover with a guy sitting on the hood with a fuel tank pumping away as the thing drives around with a bunch of crazy Aussies inside :p . It just kills me, and I thought us Missouri Rednecks were crazy. You owe that guy a pint!

20. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

That's pretty kool Monkeybiker,

I'm not a rover nut, it's just the oldest thing I've seen, (aside from an A coupe which is being built.)

Alumina is the end result out of here, there's another step before it becomes aluminium.

As far as the Northern Territory goes, I'm on the top left corner, about 300 Miles from Darwin as the crow flies, but it's closer to 1200 kays (700 miles by road) and 800kms of that is Dirt,

I live in what's best described as an Aboriginal Reserve, as such. Its Aboriginal owned land.

I don't have the radiator cap you speak of, or at least I don't think so.

Outback

21. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

BTW here's the only other pic I've got.

[​IMG]